Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I need to fix/build the rear end of my car. My diff is going (plates) and I will not have the money to fix it until i get my tax returns and some money from X-mess. I plan on getting all this,
Differential, 8.8" Traction-Lok - 31 Spline at LRS - Same Day Shipping!
86-08 4.10 Ratio 8.8 Rear End Gear Kit With Ford Racing Gears at LRS - Same Day Shipping!
99-04 Axle Shaft Pair, 31 Spline 8.8" 5 Lug at LRS - Same Day Shipping!
and going to Dez Racing to have it all put in.

Is this a good setup? and how much RWHP can it hold? I plan on doing an axle brace too.
Swarr Bar Mustang 8.8in Rear Support (86-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could it hold 850RWHP?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
if you want 850rwhp i would look into a detroit locker myself

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
+1 a trac-lok is a great diff, but it has it's limitation's. at 850 the car wouln't really be any kinda streetable so just go with a full spool.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol. I was just wondering about how much it could hold. the rear end needs to be fixed and it's a good reason to build it up. I'd like to be able to put down about 650RWHP at some point, but wouldn't be able to build a motor for another 3-4 years (unless i get a better paying job).

99-04 Rear Axle Kit, 8.8" 31 Spline Conversion at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Thats good and all, but i want to master kit and gears to go with it all as well.

Haveing all that put in should coast me right around $300-400 right?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
so you get the kit and the gear set up it will still be cheaper than getting the diff, axles and gear setup seperate. 802 for what you have, 740 for conversion kit and gear setup.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
and it depends on where you have them installed. our shop only charges 175 for dear installs in an 8.8

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When i get all my parts, i am takeing it to Dez Racing. It's one of the only shops around in New England that I will take my car too.

·
Registered
374 Posts
its hard to say if an 8.8 with 31 spline axles will hold that, it may if you dont launch the **** out of it, other wise 9 inch it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts