Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this summer im turning 18 and hopefully getting some good money for birthday and all that so im going to really tear into the sixxer :D Heres a list of my plans so far, give me your inputs! Opinions are welcome!
exterior
Roush stage 3 bodykit
Roush or saleen wing?
10k heads/ 3k fogs
Lower-no clue, help:(
Stainless steel inserts
Billet fuel door
engine/exhaust
Pullin the engine to rebuild it and stroke to a 4.2 from SSMS
Prochager intercooled @ 7psi
Longtubes-what do you guys recommend?
no idea on mid-pipe
spintechs
roush tips
Sound good? I'm rather new to this but this is what ive been wanting for awhile:)

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
honestly i think you need to go step by step, you don't want to go about doing everything at once, for example start with motor move to s/c to exhaust to suspension to exterior to lighting just an example

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im just wanting a quick sixer, nothing crazy but just alittle more to make me happy. I am taking this step by step, im going in reverse from what everyone says, im starting with exterior then going into the engine, just the way i"d like to do it. And ive got money coming to me when i turn 18 from a car wreck i had when i was younger, something like $3k i think, that plus saved money and birthday money, i wont be able to do it at once but it will be a progression

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes start w/ engine. Cause if something goes wrong there. You wasted all your money on other ****.
Next off, much cheaper to just buy a 4.2 short block.
Turbo is much better, more power, better mpg too
I didnt know you could by 4.2 shortblocks lol does most of the stuff just transfer from my 3.8 to that? and im going with a procharger, i love turbo's but just dont want it all fabbed up and stuff, ive been set on this procharger kit for awhile now

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
the kit from rpm ? if so please do not do that to yourself !
fabbing up a turbo, or having someone here do it for you would be a smart chioce.

and yes the blocks are the same from the F150 V6s
my Cam Installation thread has info on it and you can search it. pretty much you need the short block and heads,then from a 3.8: fly wheel, intakes, hb, oil pick up. <<< in a nut shell.

·
Registered
398 Posts
^
disreguard

*buy turbo @ 8psi, safe, "strong", and better mpg. Done
he could do that. if he has a background in automotive then i say go for it. it will take alot of planning, prep, and labor put into the car.

buying a gt is just another option ;)

if i had $5K and my 6er i would get a gt and i do have an auto degree :D

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Do engine first that way you don't have a bunch of ricers messing with you that you cant handle :p

·
Registered
143 Posts
well if you going with forced induction.. go with BBK shorty headers, for the midpipe.. since it's an even firing 6ixer, ide go with an O/R h-pipe. i just put the fuel door on my pony and it can be tricky, follow the instruction!..
good luck on ur mods man

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mycurse im notgoing with a GT, if i wanted a V8 I'd get one, not being a dick but im happy with a 6. And im going with exterior first, just what i want to do. I'm still going with a procharger but why not rpmoutlet? And sandstorm, shorty headers dont do much of anything, im most likely going longtubes and an O/R H pipe. Again thanks for the opinions.

·
Registered
398 Posts
mycurse im notgoing with a GT, if i wanted a V8 I'd get one, not being a dick but im happy with a 6.
If ur happy wit it that's all that matters. Its just an opinion.

Do engine first that way you don't have a bunch of ricers messing with you that you cant handle :p
Do this. Word on the street is this guy knows his stuff.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
rpmoutlet has a bad rep

you cant go turbo w/ longtubes i think (i know thats not your plan) but turbo is said to be the best around here for our cars.

if you take the advice of the experienced members on here you won't be disappointed

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
if i had $5K and my 6er i would get a gt and i do have an auto degree :D

It's so funny that alot of the sixxer guys lok at the GT as such a great car while most of the GT guys look up to the cobra as being the sheeot. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side right?

When I bought this Saleen I was totally happy with it until I got whipped by a nice BMW 750. Now I have got crazy mods all over the place and am putting 375 to the wheels at just 5 lbs of boost. Once the motor is broken in good I will be swapping over to a 9-11 lb pulley and should get even more out of it but I just can't stop thinking about ditching the supercharger and going with a set of twins.

I guess if you own a mustang you are just never satisfied for long.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my curse- yeah im happy with a V6, im sure ill get the V8 sometime in the future but for now im happy, and ive heard esg knows his stuff, he's helped me out quite a bit
elias-i know turbo's are better for our cars and you cant go ltubes because the custom turbo headers, but i know for sure im going with the procharger, since you said rpm has a bad rep what about stage3? They have the same kit for about the same price?
Again thanks for all the help guys, its appreciated :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts