Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site but have been on other v6 sites for a while now.I learned of this site through a friend of mine, keeprollin02. Thought I would start a thread to share my progress.Car was bought in nov of 07.
Procharger d1sc and griffen 3core ic. True dual exhaust with 2.5" piping, hi flow cats from slp, and exhaust cutouts to run open headers at the track.
Windstar intake and a ported and h/s gt tb 70mm. 39 injectors focus pump with wire upgrade. Trans go full mauel vb and bm hammer shifter. Auburn pro diff with 3.73 gears in the 7.5 and girdle. Ngk tr-6 plugs and 160* t-stat. Tuned by justin starkey. It made 318/326 pulling to 5000rpm bacause of spark issues with the plug gap. This was on a street tune with 17* of timing. I also have a tune for 110oct that I run at the strip. If I could guess my hp with a pull to redline I'd say it is close to 340. The exterior is stock with the exception of nitto 555r in the rear.
I've got a stage1 snow methanol injection thats going on it in the near futrue so I can get away from racefuel. I've also got a custom cam that will be going in it that is speced for low end tq. A 3500 pi stall is also in the near future along with a detroit locker, 4.10's and cheater slicks(I already have the locker and 4.10 just waiting til after the cam foes intit). The meth injection will be a 3g nozzle preblower and 6 1g nozzles in the windstar for a direct port injection. There is no doubt in my mind the car will make over 400 with the new setup but I plan to detune it and deboost to 375ish for a track tune. I'm sure I'm missing something but this is a good start.
Here are some pics to start. I have a ton more but I need to resize them to get them uploaded

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Nice 6er man! Welcome to the site.

Have any quarter times?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
ya man sounds great!! Im looking at getting the procharger for my car. They seem like a high quality kit. Sounds like you have a pretty good setup. How do you like it all?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice 6er man! Welcome to the site.

Have any quarter times?
No 1/4 mile times yet. It will run 12's though acording to my mph in th 1/8. Just dont know how deep.

I like my procharger kit. One thing though if you order it just make sure they send you the right fuel pump. They like to send the 255 warlboro with it witch is the wrong pump.

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
That's what I was going to ask you cuz you do sound like a guy from other forum.. but eitherway :welcome .......

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
nice car, where are you from? justin is a good friend of mine that i grew up with.
Radford. I think I spoke with you on the phone once when i was putting the windstar on his car. I broke the hard coolant line on his car when I was bending it for clearance.
Is he still going to school down here??

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Radford. I think I spoke with you on the phone once when i was putting the windstar on his car. I broke the hard coolant line on his car when I was bending it for clearance.
Is he still going to school down here??
haha ok yea i remember. yea as far as i know he's still down there. havent talked to him in a while.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha ok yea i remember. yea as far as i know he's still down there. havent talked to him in a while.
I've seen him around here and there. I wish he wouldnt have given up on the windstar swap. Things like that happen when modding your car though.
btw..nice setup and numbers your making on only 7.2psi. You should update your home page detailing the turbo specs.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
8.4 is about a 13.1-13.2 1/4 slip

nice sixer....but seeing 60+rwhp (even w/race fuel) gain from just a snow kit will not happen. with the aid of a camshaft and heads possibly. but good luck. I personally wouldnt mix both 110 and the meth kit. its one or the other. from the 318rwhp some really good numbers with just pump and snow meth would be 350rwhp-ish

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
I've seen him around here and there. I wish he wouldnt have given up on the windstar swap. Things like that happen when modding your car though.
btw..nice setup and numbers your making on only 7.2psi. You should update your home page detailing the turbo specs.
yea i always wondered why he just ended up selling it. little things like that happen when modding.
thanks. what do you want to know about the turbo? the whole kit is one of the older tma kits.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
8.4 is about a 13.1-13.2 1/4 slip

nice sixer....but seeing 60+rwhp (even w/race fuel) gain from just a snow kit will not happen. with the aid of a camshaft and heads possibly. but good luck. I personally wouldnt mix both 110 and the meth kit. its one or the other. from the 318rwhp some really good numbers with just pump and snow meth would be 350rwhp-ish
The 8.4 was with a 87.3mph trap speed. The mph indicates to me that the car will break 12's with a 1.9 60' or better. I will be getting new tires and stall before next season. Hopefully before the challenge. I'm confident it will see low 12's by then.
The car made 318/326 pulling to 4900rpm because I had issues with spark plug gap and blow out. That was with pump alone running 17* timing.
I have a crower cam that is getting ready to be installed. 216/222 .540/.541 112*. The meth will be setup on a direct injection... single 3g preblower and 1g nozzle in each of the long runner equaling 6 in the intake.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
The 8.4 was with a 87.3mph trap speed. The mph indicates to me that the car will break 12's with a 1.9 60' or better. I will be getting new tires and stall before next season. Hopefully before the challenge. I'm confident it will see low 12's by then.
The car made 318/326 pulling to 4900rpm because I had issues with spark plug gap and blow out. That was with pump alone running 17* timing.
I have a crower cam that is getting ready to be installed. 216/222 .540/.541 112*. The meth will be setup on a direct injection... single 3g preblower and 1g nozzle in each of the long runner equaling 6 in the intake.
not to burst your bubble, your on the right track but your expectation is much to high.. I've seen 137mph 1/4 traps and the car runs 11.4
then ive seen 9.7 @137mph....
so your trap speed doesnt mean that much. You dont know what it'll run til it does run it. hopefully it does your right there. but you will need a tire and suspension. Just a tire will help but not much. lakewood shooks and drag springs would be all of a $400-$500 investment. and you'll cut more off your 60ft then a tire.

your 400hp goal will require more then a camshaft.

race fuel is basically the same as running a snow meth kit. they've done test between the 2 setups on procharger GT...the power difference was under 10rwhp...if i remember correctly it was only about 4rwhp...

all both let you do really is advance timing.... you might be able to advance 1 more degree of timing with the snow kit vs 110.... and 1 degree of timing at most on your setup is about 10rwhp...

your making good numbers but a cam alone will not assit you to 400rwhp.

and 350rwhp on a s/c vs will not get a bottom 12 slip without awsome 1.5-1.6 60fts and probably 110-112+mph trap. if you landed in the 12s with your setup consider it rare and a goal....honestly thats good because finding a s/c stock motor v6 in the 12s is RARE.

your trans is mostly mph...example
580rwhp V6 mustang with a built tranny like yours-10.6 at 135mph
640rwhp v6 with a built c4- 9.7 at 137mph

it will take practice. but a bottom 12slip with that power i just dont see happening. 12 you'll get with practice

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
not to burst your bubble, your on the right track but your expectation is much to high.. I've seen 137mph 1/4 traps and the car runs 11.4
then ive seen 9.7 @137mph....
so your trap speed doesnt mean that much. You dont know what it'll run til it does run it. hopefully it does your right there. but you will need a tire and suspension. Just a tire will help but not much. lakewood shooks and drag springs would be all of a $400-$500 investment. and you'll cut more off your 60ft then a tire.

your 400hp goal will require more then a camshaft.

race fuel is basically the same as running a snow meth kit. they've done test between the 2 setups on procharger GT...the power difference was under 10rwhp...if i remember correctly it was only about 4rwhp...

all both let you do really is advance timing.... you might be able to advance 1 more degree of timing with the snow kit vs 110.... and 1 degree of timing at most on your setup is about 10rwhp...

your making good numbers but a cam alone will not assit you to 400rwhp.

and 350rwhp on a s/c vs will not get a bottom 12 slip without awsome 1.5-1.6 60fts and probably 110-112+mph trap. if you landed in the 12s with your setup consider it rare and a goal....honestly thats good because finding a s/c stock motor v6 in the 12s is RARE.

your trans is mostly mph...example
580rwhp V6 mustang with a built tranny like yours-10.6 at 135mph
640rwhp v6 with a built c4- 9.7 at 137mph

it will take practice. but a bottom 12slip with that power i just dont see happening. 12 you'll get with practice
My car will run what it runs. I think it will run low 12's with the right tire and stall. suspension is already setup. Control arms and springs. Low 12's meaning 12.49 and under. It has it in it.
Trap speed is more important than the what you describe.
Tony from v6p made 378 with 11 psi and a cam through a p1sc and 93oct. My cam is very similat to his plus I'm running the d1sc witch is much more efficent blower with 13psi and meth injected. If my car does not make 400 something is wrong with it.
Methanol injection and racefuel are completelly different. So many differences that I'm not even going to get into it.

You say my car will run 13.1's. Here is an old slip from keith aka flaming pony. Notice his 60' is almost the same as mine his et is almost the same as mine but my trap speed is over 7mph greater than his. his setup was with a p1sc 13psi and a 3000stall on bfg's. Also with weight reduction. My run was [email protected] with a 2.03 60'. 1/8th mile. My extra 7mph in the 1.8th is about .5faster in the 1/4.

Sorry wrong slip. But his run with the p1sc in the 1/8th was [email protected] 1.94 60' with 13.12in the 1/4.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
btw extra nozzles doesnt mean you'll make more power. I dont know why you choose direct injection on a meth kit but to each is his own.
Homogenous distribution. Plus it has never been done on the v6 mustang and I like being different.
On a splitport mustang v6 there are 12 seperate runners for the meth to choose from. And you wont know if you are getting a equal amount to each cylinder. As for not making more power through direct injection we will just have to see what happens with that.
Thats the main reason people dont go over 100 shot of nitrous on splitport but do with the single port.."homogenous distribution"

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea i always wondered why he just ended up selling it. little things like that happen when modding.
thanks. what do you want to know about the turbo? the whole kit is one of the older tma kits.
Oh ok. I thought it looked like one of andys setups but wasnt for sure.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
My car will run what it runs. I think it will run low 12's with the right tire and stall. suspension is already setup. Control arms and springs. Low 12's meaning 12.49 and under. It has it in it.
Trap speed is more important than the what you describe.
Tony from v6p made 378 with 11 psi and a cam through a p1sc and 93oct. My cam is very similat to his plus I'm running the d1sc witch is much more efficent blower with 13psi and meth injected. If my car does not make 400 something is wrong with it.
Methanol injection and racefuel are completelly different. So many differences that I'm not even going to get into it.

You say my car will run 13.1's. Here is an old slip from keith aka flaming pony. Notice his 60' is almost the same as mine his et is almost the same as mine but my trap speed is over 7mph greater than his. his setup was with a p1sc 13psi and a 3000stall on bfg's. Also with weight reduction. My run was [email protected] with a 2.03 60'. 1/8th mile. My extra 7mph in the 1.8th is about .5faster in the 1/4.

Sorry wrong slip. But his run with the p1sc in the 1/8th was [email protected] 1.94 60' with 13.12in the 1/4.
oh boy...first a 12.49 is a MID 12. a 12.4000000 is a mid 12 pass. 12.5 what you basically described as your goal...is in the middle of 12. hence-a MID 12.

next meth and race gas arent the same but they are basically the same principle when it comes to tuning. just race gas being a whole lot safer. if you read what i typed it says basically the same AS RUNNING. not the same thing.

next i dont care what keith ran....you havent run the 1/4. so your car doesnt run 12s, 13s or 14s in the 1/4. and by you trapping lower then him just proves you need to drive the car better. your extra 7mph means nothing if you cant drive the car. plus you cannot compare. some cars have top end some cars dont...i know you might think your procharger has top end but granted you've never been in a turbo 6. and a turbo 6 has top end power. a procharge 6 is normal/flat

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Homogenous distribution. Plus it has never been done on the v6 mustang and I like being different.
On a splitport mustang v6 there are 12 seperate runners for the meth to choose from. And you wont know if you are getting a equal amount to each cylinder. As for not making more power through direct injection we will just have to see what happens with that.
Thats the main reason people dont go over 100 shot of nitrous on splitport but do with the single port.."homogenous distribution"
lol good luck.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not going back and forth with you. We obviousley dont agree on many things. So I will leave it like this...Keep your advice,sarcasim,and your JOB WELL DONE JT!!! to yourself. If you want to debate thats fine, but be grown up about it. I dont have the time nor the patience for your car wont do this, your car is limited to that blahza blah bs.

Oh and by the way I have drove a turbod sixer before, also helped put one togehter. Go talk with 2002blgt over on 3.8 about my fab work.;)

1 - 20 of 167 Posts