Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well. i was driving the car around today and the supercharger got really loud.. sounded like a powersteering pump with no fluid. so i took the oil plug out and it had about 1/4 inch of metal shavings all around it. i took the procharger apart and one if not both of the impeller shaft bearings are shot. they are still in-tact but really sloppy. i have no idea why it went out like this all of a sudden but i'm pretty upset. anyone know how much a rebuild is or if theres any way to do it yourself? i might upgrade to a D1 while i'm at it but i'm getting sick of spending all my money on my car especially with christmas coming soon. i can't believe this happened RIGHT when i got my car done. :mad:

·
Registered
968 Posts
i called paxton the other day cuz i was looking at a used setup and i asked how much to rebuild one of their units and he said about 450, but he also said if there is any marks around the impellor its pretty much junk. I dont know if that price will work for you but i thought i would give you my 2 cents.

·
Registered
980 Posts
If you want him to convert you to Vortech :lol!

J/k, we all know he knows his ****.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
by the d1 head unit and send ur stuff too them.. it will be around 500ish.. plus shipping and such

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you mean if i send my P1sc core to them they'll send me a D1 for $500? that seems a little too good to be true lol

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Go on ebay and type in the search "p1sc rebuild" and superchargersrebuild has a very nice price on the rebuild kit and they will do it for you if need be. They are supposed to be exposing the new "d1sc like" impeller for our p1sc's. Dont know if they have it out yet though. As soon as it comes out, im getting that "d1sc like" impeller and rocking that.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
naw i think its up closer to 1200 for the p1 to d1 swap at procharger. not 500

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I thought the upgrade was 500 to 1000 IDK honestly though. That impellar swap you speak of Baker would be badass!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
yeah i message them about every 2 weeks and they stay assuring me that as soon as its done they will let me know.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
thats badass! share the news!

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i saw the impeller upgrade on superchargersrebuild.. i dunno, it looks kinda cheap. definitely not cnc'd billet like ours, they look like molded aluminum. and i read a thread about a guy doing the rebuild himself but he was also a machinest and knew what he was doing. the bearings are pressed on and they are thrust bearings so you have to do it perfectly or else it will get messed up. i might have superchargersrebuild do mine for me, they say they have better bearings than the procharger ones. its also a little cheaper than procharger, i think they're 550-750 depending on what bearing type you go with.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
so they are done with the impeller upgrade for the p1 to d1 or is that for the other blowers?

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think they're done. they have pictures and pricing up. it looks like the p1sc impeller its just spiraled instead of straight cut. the blades are still 90* unlike the angled ones on the D1

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh btw, our head units are CCW right? or are they clockwise? i'm pretty sure they're reverse rotation but i'm not sure.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
CCW i am pretty sure

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i'm stuck with prochargers man. i don't want to deal with buying a different brand of head unit then having to get the bracket and space it properly again. that was a nightmare getting the 8 rib setup going.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Maybe with your block I would buck up and get a D1sc on here. I know its easy for me to spend your money but I think you will be happeir with it in the long run

1 - 20 of 22 Posts