Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, i installed my pypes last week, they sound great..real pain in the ass to get the stock exhaust off, but i managed, car sounds great, ill post a video clip in a bit, but 3 days after i installed the exhaust i got my pypes x pipe as well, really nice. I had to cut the stock h pipe out and bolt it up to my exhaust (wasnt really fun)..didnt exactly fit like a glove either, i can hear that i have a slight leak,

so i really wanted to get whole exhaust welded just to reassure myself i wouldnt be dragging down the highway if i hit a bump hard enough, because i really dont trust those clamps, so i went to a meineke they do all kinds of stuff, and asked them how much they charged just to weld my exhaust (heres where it gets interesting) so they put the car on the lift to look at it...and he said he wants 150$ to weld the two joint connecting the pipe from the cats to my x pipe, i tried to bargain with him and ask him why so much? he said it hard..lol i laughed and said give me your welder ill do it myself...so now i have to find someone to do it cheaper...ahh wtfff :eek:

edit: not to mention it vibrates against my gas tank either

·
Registered
910 Posts
that is steep. I have a little shitty muffler shop around here that does that for like 40 bucks. The guy does really good work too, and garuntees everything, so if it breaks he will fix it for free.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah theres a guy near me who has a small shop and does exhausts too, but he wasnt there this morning and i had work at 1230 so couldnt wait around for him..and tomorrows easterr..ugh..this vibrating crap is bugging me

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
holy **** thats a rip... i'll do it for free!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol yeaaa im in ct..where are you?

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
hey guys, i installed my pypes last week, they sound great..real pain in the ass to get the stock exhaust off, but i managed, car sounds great, ill post a video clip in a bit, but 3 days after i installed the exhaust i got my pypes x pipe as well, really nice. I had to cut the stock h pipe out and bolt it up to my exhaust (wasnt really fun)..didnt exactly fit like a glove either, i can hear that i have a slight leak,

so i really wanted to get whole exhaust welded just to reassure myself i wouldnt be dragging down the highway if i hit a bump hard enough, because i really dont trust those clamps, so i went to a meineke they do all kinds of stuff, and asked them how much they charged just to weld my exhaust (heres where it gets interesting) so they put the car on the lift to look at it...and he said he wants 150$ to weld the two joint connecting the pipe from the cats to my x pipe, i tried to bargain with him and ask him why so much? he said it hard..lol i laughed and said give me your welder ill do it myself...so now i have to find someone to do it cheaper...ahh wtfff :eek:

edit: not to mention it vibrates against my gas tank either
I wouldnt worry about it unless its not on right. I had the frpp xpipe on mine, didnt leak, nothing rattled and i have had crested hills at race tracks doing 110 and left the ground enough for the wheels to screatch and nothing fell off. What if you want to change it later? just make sure its tight, and by frpp next time their **** fits right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts