Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has always been there. ive seen it everytime i get under tha car? is this something i need to worry about? do i need to replace my rear end now? tell me what it is and if its normal. and what i should do.. Thanks Andy

OH and i got some pics of my bumper with some trim. im going to put new trim on tomorrow after i sand the hole down tomorrow and because these are short and just no.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Are you able to pinpoint where the leak is? What does the liquid smell like? If it's gear oil, it will basically smell like rotten eggs.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
trim needs a bit more fine touches...

as for the rear...if it just smells like oil i don't think it's your rear diff lube..that stuff smells so bad you'll know it when you smell it. my v6 rear was leaking...my GT's rear was leaking..and my new v6 is leaking...it happens

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
trim needs a bit more fine touches...

as for the rear...if it just smells like oil i don't think it's your rear diff lube..that stuff smells so bad you'll know it when you smell it. my v6 rear was leaking...my GT's rear was leaking..and my new v6 is leaking...it happens
ya i know..this trim didnt get any clear coat because i wanted it to be more flat. but then when i was putting it on. it started to flaked bad. just i ghetto touched it up..hopefuly the new pieces tomrw look better

·
Registered
928 Posts
whered you get the bumper ive been thinking about doing the shaved look to post a pick with the trunk closed when you can

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whered you get the bumper ive been thinking about doing the shaved look to post a pick with the trunk closed when you can
well when i got my ar repainted the auto body guy requested a new bumper because it was cracked and outa shape so the just orderd me one. if you go shaved. get a 03-04 shaved cobra bumper!! aww those rape dick!
heres a pic but not very good.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
it appears to be coming out of your breather valve, which i believe is normal

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
it appears to be coming out of your breather valve, which i believe is normal
This... All 3 rear ends I own also had this... Check your diff fluid level and as long as it's within 3/4 of an inch to the the hole your fine... On level ground

Easiest way is to bend a paper clip at 90 degrees and stick it in the plug hole... Pull it out and look to see how far it is from the bottom of the hole.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts