1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
i dont think so but don't quote me on it

·
Registered
462 Posts
A Bit of info for Y'all out there...Stay away from the XCal 3..Mine was working good when I installed it in January.Today the idle started to fluctuate,and the engine actually stalled out.Push the clutch in and put in neutral at lights the damn thing wants to hunt for idle!!! Talked to an SCT Tech at FFW.Told me to check all the fittings for a vacuum leak,then remove the CAI,download to stock tune,then re-intall canned tune,and CAI.Ran perfect with stock tune,and airbox.Re-installed the CAI and tune...Big Problem..canned tune was no longer there for the CAI..This is the second time I've had this problem..going to have to deal with SCT on monday,and I'm going to request an Xcal 2....To be rid of this problem...:eek:

·
Registered
161 Posts
The rough idle-surging problem may not be a tuner issue. We have had this as a recurring problem with the 3V 4.6L with different tuners and not just on the Mustang. In fact it showed up on the F150 first. I am not sure what is causing this issue but if you download the vehicle back to stock, at some point in the future it will reappear with the stock tune. My son's F150 ended up having a fuel pump replaced 2 weeks after the tuner was removed. A friends GT went in and got a new fuel filter (customer pay) then a week later a fuel pump replacement. I have been watching mine closely especially when I clean the air filter and change the fuel filter. No definative answer yet but it keeps pointing to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thanks for the info 07GT,I'll keep an eye on it...but that still does'nt explain why the canned tune would not upload,after going to stock???? It's like it a blank Flash tuner....:mad:

·
Registered
462 Posts
If anyone has an Xcal 3 tuner,there is another new revision to their firmware.That's done with,and they had to install another canned tune for my C&L Racer Intake,I don't know what tune they installed,or if it's in the firmware,but it seems to be even stronger.I think I'll be goung to the trck Friday night,next Wednesday I get all my Go-fast goodies installed....getting a woody thinking about it....lol...:cool:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If anyone has an Xcal 3 tuner,there is another new revision to their firmware.That's done with,and they had to install another canned tune for my C&L Racer Intake,I don't know what tune they installed,or if it's in the firmware,but it seems to be even stronger.I think I'll be goung to the trck Friday night,next Wednesday I get all my Go-fast goodies installed....getting a woody thinking about it....lol...:cool:

Wait what firmware I have a C&L RACER AND XCAL3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts