Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i just want an overall opinion on my build so far lol u can bash on me all you want if i have done wrong so far. alright as of right now my car has the following mods:

Powdercoated Cobra Intake Manifold
75mm Professional Products ThrottleBody
76mm C&L Maf Sensor
Blue Spectre Filter
3.55 Gear
pro 5.0 short throw shifter
Electricfan
BeCool Raditor
180 thermostat
MarchPerformance UnderdrivePullies
Stock Heads but they looked ported? im not sure
Stock Shorties
X-pipe, Flowmaster 40s dumped

Just curious do you think i have anywhere around 250rwhp with my setup so far.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
Probably closer to 210-220 rwhp. Seriously stock heads are that bad

·
MM Addict
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably closer to 210-220 rwhp. Seriously stock heads are that bad
hmm... lol that hurt haha but anyways if i get heads i only wanna do it once and do it right i dont want gt40 iron heads or anything like that i was thinking edelbrock heads on cjponyparts for 900.00 brand new

·
Registered
269 Posts
C&L meter = fail... More power to you if you get it to work though. I'd look into some long tube headers or heads next. Seems to be coming along pretty well though young Padawan.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Ya, i thought you said you didnt have a c&l maff..... hmmm now we cant trust any thing you say.....lol

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just out of curiosity, where do you think you've picked up 50 hp?

Seems like you've upgraded the intake and exhaust. Neither of which makes a big difference till the motor needs it. But you're ready for it to need it...

IMO the biggest upgrade you have listed is your gears. Probably made more difference then everything else combined, and didn't add a single hp :)

·
He of Long Wind
2,172 Posts
You should have saved your money then. I hope you have problems since you didn't listen. Seriously. "It was 200 dollars less, so it has to be just as good".
That's harsh dude.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
That's harsh dude.
Been there myself 10 years ago along with countless others with that junk maf. We all warned him in another one of his threads so it's not like this is a revelation. He said it wasn't the C&L and that it was a BBK one. He wasn't going anywhere near the C&L one - in his words. Now he can't believe how his car can't have 50 more rwhp than it does with a couple minor mods, and he's got that intake for sale already. That's why I'm done with this kid.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/5-0-mustangs/287069-cobra-intake-manifold.html

·
Registered
756 Posts
would throwing on aftermarket shorties actually help?!
No. If you are going to spend money on exhaust go long tubes. They can be a PITA to install but are well worth it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts