Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently when i go to start my car it wants to crank slowly a few times then fire up, the battery doesnt read low so my first thought is that its going out?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Sounds like the battery, solenoid, or connection from the solenoid to the starter.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If it started turning over slow i would get a multimeter that will record"min/max" button, and see what your voltage is during cranking, should be atleast 9vdc.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
im with ryan....its about gota be something limiting power to the starter

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Damn that's funny, I have that same 3-4 second start delay. I thought my timing is way off, which I still do. I want mine to start the very second I turn the key over like the rest of my cars. It takes about 2 seconds like the degree is off

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
just cause the battery does not read bad with a multimeter does not meand it is not bad once u put it on a load things are differnt a good way to find out is hook it to another car like u were going to jump your stang and see if it starts normal if so ur battery is bad... or just go to autozone and have them do a load check on your battery. that is what it sounds like to me..

·
Registered
51 Posts
just cause the battery does not read bad with a multimeter does not meand it is not bad once u put it on a load things are differnt a good way to find out is hook it to another car like u were going to jump your stang and see if it starts normal if so ur battery is bad... or just go to autozone and have them do a load check on your battery. that is what it sounds like to me..
I forget autozone will test these. If you record your voltage under load(cranking), the multimeter will tell you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts