Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THis spring i plan on doing some much needed suspension mods, i checked out a few articles on stangsuspension.com and from the threads i feel this suspension will help with my 60 footer a bit and still keep my ride quality the same if not better:

1.MM Full Length subframe Connectors
2.Steeda 4 blot CC PLates
3.Toxico Illumina suspension kit ( 5 way adjustible shocks/struts) & ( Toxico's 1.5 inch lowering springs- any comments on these springs?)
I was going to go with steeda sport springs and toxico 5 way adjustible's however, the steeda springs would cost $229 and the shocks/struts would be 548$ while the suspension kit would cost 599$. Should i go with the steeda springs instead and just say screw the extra 200$?
4. MM standard Lower control arms
5. Steeda Tubular upper control arms

Any suggestions from experience on these products?

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
sounds like you'll have a great setup there. i've never heard any negative stuff about MM's products. i have their 4 bolt CC plates and they work great for me. you might also want to add a Steeda Bumpsteer Kit. i went with it when i added my Eibach Pro's along with the CC plates, the car drives straight as an arrow.
haven't heard much about Tokico springs. seems like most guys go with Eibach, H+R or Steeda

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEah i did a search on the Tokico SPrings but i cant find anything about them, i cant see them being horrible they do make some wicked shocks/struts. I was planning on building up my rear end and throwing on some mickey THompsons with some 18 x 10 rims in the back and 18x9 up front but i got new tires last year that would only fit on my stock rims right now so i'll wait till these burn off, maybe next summer. Oh and the bumpsteer does seem good, seems expensive for really a few bolts but w/e.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got most the parts ordered, just waiting for them to come in, ended up putting on headers and x pipe and new sct 2600 maf as the stock one pegged at 360 rwhp so when I park the car for the winter I will start with the suspension, than ill get pics up and hopefully track times before and after, so when I get back from work in September ill try and get to the track...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me. Take lots of pics

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well instead of waiting for winter i had this weekend off work so installed the eibach pro kit springs that i had, im waiting to see if i need to install my cc plates as a friend of mine has his alighned without them. Im going for a front end on wednesday after the car drops a bit. After the install the front end height from pavement to bottom of fender was 27 3/4 of an inch while the back was 28 1/4 inch high. Im stupid since i never measured before hand but ill post a pic when it drops fully and measure again.

The install was pretty simple, the back end was so friggen easy, for someone that is questioning the install go ahead and do it, the hardest part was getting the sway bar back on since i was by myself, started real early in the morning.

The front end had a lot of unbolting and lots of muscle to take some of those bolts off, WD-40 helped out a lot. I used the installation article on americanmuscle.com which was perfect. Just make sure you mark on the control arm where the springs ends (pigtail). All my sides, for now, are the exact same height so that helped with the confidence after the install.

The installation took me a while since i waited for loc tite for about 2 hours but without the waiting for a friend and the loctite it took about 5 hours.

I'll post pics of the before and after later. here is a picture of the front end deassembled, is that a word?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well here are some pictures of before and after, THe side shot is a little messed as the first picture was taken at a higher angle so it looks like there is no difference in height, but there is. Also there is a picture of the new valve covers. **** these were the worst install i've ever done! The supercharger was half the install these covers were, working on 2 bolts for an hour makes it a bitch. It took close to 7 hours to install these damn things, but i had a cracked passenger side valve cover so i had to i guess. These are team breed valve covers and they are high quality though! just a pita to install.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh adn the height is now at 27 1/4 inch up front and the back is just under 28 inches.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i though adjustables were not needed unless i plan on hitting the drag strip every weekend. i only go about 4 times a year.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
anything adjustable helps period..pus that doesnt mean you not gonna catch some races on the street.. i never go to the track and i got some..might as well so you wont have to go back and change anything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts