Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Imma be installin my audio system today, n would like sum tips n instructions, my friend is gonna be helpin me n he know how to do it but i just want some info on installin it in a stang. I wann get it done right cause i got a good system n i wanna get it installed right so i can get da best outta it. The subs i have i don't think are all that great, n i got a top of the line amp n wires, so imma have to be real careful on how much power i run to my subs cause this amp will blow the hell outta sum subs. Anyone know anything about these subs? Imput asap would be great guys! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
How much rms are the subs? get a dmm and measure the voltage output when you have gain set at "X" And feed them the perfect power. Run the power wires on the opposite side of the car as the rca's.try not to run anything under the carpet, keep it strichtly under the panels. Carpet = frays wire. Have the negative of the battery unhooked while you do it all. good luck man. When you first listen to it, listen to it from an album cd not some burned crap

·
Registered
132 Posts
rms ( i dont know what it stand for ) is the actually amount of power that your amp puts out consistently. Even though most amps say somthing like 10,000 watts of peak power! thats not true. There should be somthing on your amp saying like 200x2 watts rms, meaning that it can power 2 subs with a constant 200 watts. Look up your subs online and see what they take and if they are being powered correctly. If you have any questions just PM me because i have put a couple of systems in and 3 of the were stangs.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
RMS means Root Mean Square. It's a mathematical term. Meanin how much your amp AND subs put out on a normal basis. And he's right, peak means nothing.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
RMS means Root Mean Square. It's a mathematical term. Meanin how much your amp AND subs put out on a normal basis. And he's right, peak means nothing.

More like how much your amp puts out and how much your subs can handle....

However the best amp isn't going to make sh---y subs sound good....

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my subs r 1200 watts but i dunno if thats combined or each sub. Here is a pic of the papper dat came with it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey is there anywere on these cars to go through the firwall or do u gotta drill a hole through it, n if u do were is the best place to do it.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Hey is there anywere on these cars to go through the firwall or do u gotta drill a hole through it, n if u do were is the best place to do it.

there is a rubber grommet you can go through on the drivers side above the break pedal

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
i ran my power cable on the drivers side of the car...on my convertible there is like a rubber plug on the drivers side of the firewhile that if u drill a hole through it, it leads right into your car, but mine is a 99 so i dunno if urs will have it, just make sure it fits pretty snug, you dont want a huge hole there...but if it doesnt have it, ull have to drill a hole in the firewall itself

EDIT: Yeah what GF said lol

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got my power wire n ground wire in, now i gotta hook up my amp n sub n head unit.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
those subs look like they are gonna be a joke. what amp do you have

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My amps is a Lanzar Vibe 600D 1000W, N I got a Pioneer DEH-P3000IB headunit. Yea i don't think the subs r anything good, i got em used at an audio store for like $100 so i ain't worry if they don't last, imma get sum good subs soon. What are some decent subs?

·
Registered
300 Posts
My amps is a Lanzar Vibe 600D 1000W, N I got a Pioneer DEH-P3000IB headunit. Yea i don't think the subs r anything good, i got em used at an audio store for like $100 so i ain't worry if they don't last, imma get sum good subs soon. What are some decent subs?
Good is a very personal question...

Sounds good means different to many people..

just generally what you may check out and try to go hear:

Alpine
JL Audio
Kicker
MTX
Pheonix Gold
Rockford Fosgate
Sony[still a step up]
Eclipse
Precision
Memphis
Focal
JBL
Audison[spell check]
.. and then on.. just goto your local best buy, circuit city, and car audio stores and listen to some stuff.. shop around alittle and see what YOU think is good. some people want loud, clean, low hitting, ect.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts