Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...for some fresh oil. Just wanted to let everyone know that my truck is on its second change of Royal Purple and is running great with it. I use RP in my Mustang and my truck, and always substitue on quart of the oil with Lucas Full Synthetic additive. Runs like a champ.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I hear a lot of good things about Royal Purple. I've been running AMSOIL in everything I own for a few years now and love it, but RP looks good as well.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
you have to buy 4 of those things thats like 8 bucks a piece :eek:

·
Registered
549 Posts
AMSOIL in everything you own! o.0 thats expensive stuff. the only thing ive ever used it in was our 350 super modified short track car.

·
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I spy a dog in the first picture.

You have good luck with that Lucas Stuff?.
Yep, that's my dog Bear. He's a labrador/golden retriever mix. Whenever I'm out in the garage (which is a lot) he's out there with me guarding the driveway (Well, more acting like it then actually doing it).

Brendan, what does the Lucas Full Synthetic additive do for it??
Rick recommended it to me, and I remember reading it online somewhere that it really helps to substitute one quart of your oil with it. It has a lot of benefits, here is what is from their website:

Key Benefits
  • Increase oil life at least 50%
  • Reduces oil consumption
  • Eliminates dry starts
  • Raises oil pressure
  • Increases power and MPG

you have to buy 4 of those things thats like 8 bucks a piece :eek:
If you're buying Royal Purple motor oil at $8 per quart then you're getting ripped off and need to shop around some more. It's usually $5.99 to $6.49 at most stores. I buy mine at NAPA because the Advance Auto near me doesn't sell it in 5W20.

·
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spy a honda:confused:
Ehhh, I know. It's my roommate's Honda Civic. Don't worry, my other roommates '06 GT (tommyboy) pushes 495 rwhp so I think that makes up the difference. :yes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts