Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys, i just got my X3 in today. i loaded my custom tune on their and it wouldnt start. i loaded it back to the stock and my car turned on. why would the custom tune crash my ecu like that. i dont understand why it would do that if its for my car? my theft lights also blinking? i dont have a clue. HELP? thanks.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
the tune might not have the calibration id from your ecu, or something like that.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Try and reload it again. Sometimes the SCT's don't like to load it all the way the right way. The no-start and flashin theft light are not a crashed ecu. Its just the tune is not right. Try it again. If it still doesn't work contact the company you purchased the custom tune from and they should be able to send you a new one.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright. im gona try go and try it now. i'll be back in a few with an update.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
If what doc said didnt work talk to jgorm. Hes the man with this kind of stuff... Its his job! haha

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
If what doc said didnt work talk to jgorm. Hes the man with this kind of stuff... Its his job! haha

Thats true but if he got the tune from someone besides Jgorm then thats who he needs to contact. I am pretty sure the tune is just off. They will send him a new one if thats the case.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, i did the custom tune again...nothing. i did the preloaded tune though and the car ran just fine. my theft light was blinking a 100 miles a minute though but it ran. im not really sure whats the huge diff between the custom and the preloaded but when i ran the pre vs the stock it didnt feel like much. you guys think my custom tune is no good? how could they send me a bad tune?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
They just got something wrong, probably ecu code. Return it back to stock the reset your computer by removing the battery cable for about 5-10 minutes. start it up and see what it does. Then try loading the preloaded tune( not the custom one you bought) and see what it does.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are you thinking my car will run better once my ecu's reset with the preloaded tune, or are you thinking it will take care of my theft light?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
are you thinking my car will run better once my ecu's reset with the preloaded tune, or are you thinking it will take care of my theft light?

Theft light. It will also ensure that the car and ecu are back to stock form. Then if something is still flashing or running poorly then you have a problem. Just get it back to stock and start over with the preloaded tune.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont know maybe im just freaking out bout the theft light. i just didnt notice it before, i guess. alright fellas, wish me luck. be back

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
:confused:..my theft light blinks all the time too and i havnt hooked up my tuner yet

Original keys? if its blinking all the time there is something wrong with the theft system. It may be disabled or the pats system could be messed up. I don't even pretend to know about the antitheft system on these things.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea im gona have to check it out cuz it blinks while im driving too. but when im driving it comes on and off though. uh-oh tunes almost done loading....... be back

1 - 20 of 27 Posts