Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question i watched a youtube vid of a car with the same aem wideband that i have but his seemed to have instant response and mine is slow. what would cause this its done it from the time i got it tuned we used a seperate wideband and my wideband to tune with. could it be just dirty from driving out to the tuner on a base tune? im sorry if this has been asked before i was just thinkin about it,

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
What do you mean slow? Like it takes a while to warm up? Where is the wideband located? It'll read slower the further down stream it is. Not that slow, but a little

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes you hit the gas and its not instant by any means, my sensor is connected to the x pipe i believe id have to double check,its rite under the trans

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Can you get a video of it? I'm confused on what's considered slow? It'll just read what the sensor reads at that moment

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no its under construction again, its basically displaying the information a second late

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Placement of the sensor has a direct effect on response time. In the xpipe would certainly slow it down a bit. I had a bung welded just after my factory header right near the factory o2 sensor on the drivers side.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Placement of the sensor has a direct effect on response time. In the xpipe would certainly slow it down a bit. I had a bung welded just after my factory header right near the factory o2 sensor on the drivers side.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
ok ill have to double check where it is not really a big deal just curious as to why it was and if it needed to be cleaned

1 - 8 of 8 Posts