Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a reminder of when I first got her. This was when she was still in the PO's possession.

Some baby flex on the text drive.

Then some newer not much changed photos. Also not the saggy rear. :(

Ended up not putting these tires and rims on. Sold them two months later.

In the mountains of NC covered in snow.

Added rear shackles but they were still saggin in this pic. (I did have alot of weight in right before the pic) Also with the soft 8's and 32 BGF AT's

Continued..

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I then added some 5" lights to replace the dinky fogs that were on there.

Lights off

Lights on

I went ot the JY to find some vents, looked and looked and looked, took me about a hour and a half in the rain before I went searching through all the known vents i wanted. Then seen these off a z34 lumina.

The I decided to paint my mirrors flat black.

Then I took off the flares and trimmed the pass front fender.

Both sides are done. lol Same things on other side.

I took the rear flares off and trimmed some rot of the bottom of the quarters. Gonna get armor and tube fenders on them connected between the bumpers and rock sliders.

And this is how it sits today.

Some more baby flex, with all sway bars on.

I have a bumper on order just waiting for it now. Then a winch, armor, rear bumper and sliders, roof rack, more lights front and back, then lockers and axle upgrade.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its getting there. It looks a lot better than stock.
The best part is, I havent really spent much out of my pocket. :D

And the weather has been crap (you know that tho) So it will really start moving now.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
yea, I am about to sell the ZJ personally. need to get rid of it. My brother bought a 96 GT and he needs to sell the ZJ to recoup me for the $2500 I spent on it.

Just looking to offload the ZJ for $2500. I kow it is worth about a grand or so more. Looking for a short sale. I need some mod money for the SVO. The XJ is sticking around for now.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good choice. Both the svo and XJ are very useful in there own aspect. :)

Hell I fit 2 17" wheels, a set of 17" tires and a dishwasher in my xj haha and still had some room!

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

HAHA I love it for the winters over here. Plus I just love the damn thing. haha

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, I thought there was another reason I didnt know about. lol

Nah 35's is the number that you can start to worry. Some people run them and never have a problem and some people have no luck. I guess it depends on how hard you are on it. I know someone running 35's or 37's on a stock welded rear with no problem for over a year! :lol

I figured ill run the 35 till it breaks then upgrade to a 8.25 or 44 or what ever else a deal is when that time comes. But most likely will be a 8.25 because I dont wanna get much biger then 32's/33's for stuffing purposes.

I guess Ill find out >:)

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
sickfox is right, unless you have a more powerful motor or beat on the car all the time on trails then it gets a little blurry.

Your's reminds me of my old XJ. It was a 97 that I got for $800 and never should have sold. I still miss it and should have fixed it up.

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
sickfox is right, unless you have a more powerful motor or beat on the car all the time on trails then it gets a little blurry.
That's all I was saying. Once you get in the 32+ range, things start to get blurry (from everything I've read). Some axles will hold while others will break.

Like I said, it's about the same as putting 400hp on the stock bottom end of a mod motor. I know Unix had his hold for a LONG time. But there's also others that pop real quick.

I don't see that there's any right or wrong in this situation. It's all about how much risk one wants to take on the stock axles. I was just wondering if he had the stock axles or not.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Sweet XJ. I just picked on up last August. Man do I love it.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice! I love mine too haha

·
Registered
207 Posts
I always run stock until it breaks, cause then you have an excuse to upgrade! A lot depends on how you drive and if you leave the diffs open or not. I have open diffs in my 1978 F-150 running 35's and 33's ( I trade them out depending what I want) and I have blown up my 9" rear twice (open diff) front Dana 44 shafts, hubs, joints, 205 transfercase output yokes. **** breaks, just the way it is, I don't even beat on my stuff, much. But the 460 probably doesn't help;)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts