Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the other day i was rushing to school, did a 180 at the gas station and filled up. When i started back up, the lifters were ticking, but usually go away in a few seconds. This time it took a bit to go away, and when it did, it ran really crappy. So i said, aww **** stuck lifter!? So then i look under the hood, and i see antifreeze leaking over the #4 coils from the heater hose. Great.. Then i get the code for #4 cyl misfire, hmm okay. So i check the basics, check the spark. Sparks good, check everything and i cant figure it out. Totally stumped after replacing a few plugs and coils, i decided to go back to the lifter problem. FInally get down and dirty tonight, pull my valve cover off. What do i see? My rocker arm.. sitting on the bottom of the head. It had fallen off the lifter and valve somehow, and on #4 cylinder. What are the odds of that happening? I think it happened because the lifter got worn out, didnt give enough pressure and allowed rocker to slip. Thats the only reason i can come up with! So i am half way into putting it back together, WITH A NEW LIFTER. I just ran out of steam, i got sleepy tonight at 2am lol. So hopefully tomorrow it runs like it should! And doesnt happen again..

·
Hooning
893 Posts
dayum you found what out read pretty fast, I've had about to random misfires this year, first an injector died on me, next a spark plug gets over tightened and colides with piston. good luck with fix

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i put cams in the engine with stock springs and lifters, but the ticking happened at idle speed, and thats when i assume the rocker fell off. If it had fallen off at high rpms, oh damn. Who knows what it would have done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts