Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend whos son has a Mustang and they are pullin it apart to make sure everything is kosher. I have a head question. he said after removing the intake and inspecting the heads everywhere he cannot find no signs of what kind of heads they are. they are aluminum and all he can notice is by using 2 mirrors up under where the intake would mount between cyl 3&4 and on the other side between cyl 5&6 there is the number 9035. besides that he said there is 2 header bolt holes on each side of the port, so each exhaust port has 4 holes. Can anyone give an idea to what heads these might be?

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probally afr
Well what makes you say that? I am not lookin for a maybe. I have AFR heads on my car and they are stamped in big letters on the front of the head AFR along with the part number. Also I have never seen AFR heads with 4 header bolt holes for each port. Can you please expand on your answer?

·
Registered
17 Posts
the dual exhuast pattern narrows it down . Maybe world`s? but they have omthing machined in the front/rear of each head. This mkes me think maybe along the lines of pro topline or newer castings of pro comps, ford z series , along those lines . More infor on the heads would help . What size rockerstuds Intake port demensions etc

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
the dual exhuast pattern narrows it down . Maybe world`s? but they have omthing machined in the front/rear of each head. This mkes me think maybe along the lines of pro topline or newer castings of pro comps, along those lines . More infor on the heads would help . What size rockerstuds etc.
they are pro topline heads or as now known as rhs heads.

They were probably bought back when topline was topline thats why you probably wont find another part number like that anywhere b/c comp has owned topline for years now

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
the dual exhuast pattern narrows it down . Maybe world`s? but they have omthing machined in the front/rear of each head. This mkes me think maybe along the lines of pro topline or newer castings of pro comps, ford z series , along those lines . More infor on the heads would help . What size rockerstuds Intake port demensions etc
ford heads would have a casting number on them and i dont thiink i have ever seen a pro comp with dual exhaust bolt patterns.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are pro topline heads or as now known as rhs heads.

They were probably bought back when topline was topline thats why you probably wont find another part number like that anywhere b/c comp has owned topline for years now

Yeah that prob them.. thanks man..:D

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
There are many heads with multiple exhaust manifold bolt holes.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
There are many heads with multiple exhaust manifold bolt holes.
all i said was ive never seen pro comp heads with dual exhaust bolt patterns

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Well help me out what other ones could it be?
Old Dart cast iron, I think some of the older world heads, Trick Flow R-series, high ports, Will Burt Street Heats.....Its hard to remember all of them.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
And all I said was there are/were many heads with multiple holes. :)

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And all I said was there are/were many heads with multiple holes. :)
I hear ya guys dont fight. They are aluminum heads with only the markings that I said. If they are Trick Flows you can tell by the valves right the Twisted Wedge design right? if so then they are not Trick Flows, the valves are in the standard position.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
It would be cool if you could take a picture.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I hear ya guys dont fight. They are aluminum heads with only the markings that I said. If they are Trick Flows you can tell by the valves right the Twisted Wedge design right? if so then they are not Trick Flows, the valves are in the standard position.
me and darrell dont fight we love:Dwe are just talking but how many heads have no name on them or no apparent markings at all like the toplines do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
New castings had them i remeber i bought min years ago and about 6 months after they made them with dual pattern but avent seen many since so i`m wounderring if they ad some issues and just didnt bother

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
i think we had someone wondering about some odd heads awhile back, same number i believe, turned out to BRODIX

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It would be cool if you could take a picture.
Yeah I know but I have been busy and he lives like an hour away from me. I will see if he has one that he can send to me..

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Yea, but not all trick flows are the twisted wedge design.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts