Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was wondering a few question and hoping you can help or point me to some useful thread with information. going to start with im having a starting issue and ive checked my connections and clean my MAF and IAC, now when i turn my key and i hear my fuel pump prime and stop correctly it starts up np. but sometimes my fuel pump doesnt prime at all or it primes and doesnt stop till i turn the key back. should i be locking at my fuel pump or ignition?

i have this mass of wires that are cut but i couldnt manage figure out what they were connected to.

im thinking possibly the fog light fix...

and im assuming this isnt a stock switch. correct?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I have no idea what those wires are for. Where exactly are they and where do the other ends lead? And no, that toggle is not factory. Looks like a cheap store bought toggle from Walmart so it was probably something homemade. Any wiring left on it? Where do they lead?

Your fuel pump issue could be the ignition switch from what youre describing. If the two halves are starting to seperate and/or it has an internal short, bad things can happen. Disconnect the battery and wait a few minutes before messing with it if you have an airbag.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ill start looking there at the ignition. as for the mystery wires i think i tracked down part of them they run into the side panel and come out again and most of them appear to be linked to this item but i dont have another half of this, i know the car has aftermarket speakers but otherwise i was not informed of any mods other then the exhaust.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Most likely an old car alarm and that could be the valet switch.... who knows

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now i did some research on the ignition switch and common symptoms also include not getting power to anything, i get power to my radio and such when i turn the key. just not always the fuel pump. is the ignition switch the same as an ignition module?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts