Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and to mustangs and was wondering where to start with my 4.6 with building the most n/a hp I can? Thanks for any help.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
2v, 3v, 4v? intended use of car? little more info needed. dyno number are just dyno numbers. its a lot wiser to set the car up for what you are going to use it for instead of shooting for dyno numbers.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
if you just use it on the street, then you dont want to kill the low end tq. when it comes to street mannered cars, you have to be willing to give somewhere. as for a lsx killer, hard to do with a 2v if running stout lsx cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 4500 at the moment and I realize that's not a whole lot but I have plenty of time Lord willing. I'm willing to spend a whole lot more as soon as it's feasible.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
you have to look at what you are up against. the 2v's just plain suck as far as head flow #'s are concerned, only 281cid, and the $$$ required to get the power n/a gets costly. myself, i going n/a, i have quiet a bit of money tied up in mine, and just hoping to see 370 on the ground. that power number is a joke when you compare it to what an lsx is capable of.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
if your hellbent on staying n/a, if i were you i would go get a head/cam combo from MHS or similar reputable company and then throw the remaining cash into suspension, rear end, brakes.

you would have one mean 2v IMO with that much to drop into it.

after that worry about all the stupid pointless bolt ons, t/b, plenum, udps, cai. DONT BOTHER WITH THEM UNTIL YOUR F/I or have heads/cams. not worth the money IMO

·
Registered
291 Posts
+1 yeah the heads and cams are going to net you the biggest amount of n/a gains

with 4500 your damn close to being able to aford some of the more reasonable forced induction kits... and you would see more hp from that then any other mod you would do

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Ported pi heads, cams and an edelbrock intake will get you 340rwhp...enough power to get ino the 11s and kill quite a few LSs.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
not on a stock shortblock..it will not...dont know where you seen that **** happen but uh uh....

get off those inflated ass dyno numbers lol

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
not on a stock shortblock..it will not...dont know where you seen that **** happen but uh uh....

get off those inflated ass dyno numbers lol
On a stock bottom end it's been done more than once and the numbers were not inflated. Get some real world experience before you start disagreeing with hp numbers.

Here's the combo 342rwhp, 11.3/120mph 1/4 mile

stock NPI bottom end, edelbrock intake, ported PIs

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
not a stock bottom end....thank you im sure...anything else? thank you sir goodbye...

and yes i still say you are full of ****:) go tell that to somebody that doesnt know about cars....why the hell would....... no how the hell would it make 342 with the stock bottom end and some ****in ported pi heads and a eddy intake? when your hard pressed to make 315 with heads and cams? so go give that bull **** to somebody else........:)

stick to your 4v please:p

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
not a stock bottom end....thank you im sure...anything else? thank you sir goodbye...

and yes i still say you are full of ****:) go tell that to somebody that doesnt know about cars....why the hell would....... no how the hell would it make 342 with the stock bottom end and some ****in ported pi heads and a eddy intake? when your hard pressed to make 315 with heads and cams? so go give that bull **** to somebody else........:)

stick to your 4v please:p
It just takes experience and the right parts. Too many people throw together a comobo using parts that don't match and too often the outcome is low power and an unhappy owner.

315rwhp is a walk in the park with an edelbrock intake, stock PI long block and good cams.

·
Registered
233 Posts
As what was said before you just can not through things together and practice helps. Whether you want to believe it or not the 99 to 04 engines can hit 400rwh NA with heads, cams, full exhaust, aluminum intake, all the other basic bolt ons and a custom tune on a stock bottom end. So yes it can be done but with the 4,500 hundred that he has just get a Pro-Charger. They can even hit very low 12's on a stock bottom with 300rwh. Look at Trevor's Mustang GT (member here) he has done a great job building his Mustang. Thats one bad ass NA / GT imo thumbs up to him.

·
Registered
291 Posts
modded mustang and fast fords just had an article out like 4 months ago about a junkyard modmotor that they were buildin. (good heads, cams, intake) it made like 450 to the crank or something silly like that.... do the math on power train loss and thats pretty damn good numbers

:rockon i need to find that article

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
As what was said before you just can not through things together and practice helps. Whether you want to believe it or not the 99 to 04 engines can hit 400rwh NA with heads, cams, full exhaust, aluminum intake, all the other basic bolt ons and a custom tune on a stock bottom end. So yes it can be done but with the 4,500 hundred that he has just get a Pro-Charger. They can even hit very low 12's on a stock bottom with 300rwh. Look at Trevor's Mustang GT (member here) he has done a great job building his Mustang. Thats one bad ass NA / GT imo thumbs up to him.
dude your not going to hit 400rwhp n/a with a stock shortblock period....obviously you dont know what the **** your talking about either lol:eek:
b4 you speak again go learn something:).......hell learn alot because i can tell you have a very long way to go....

1 - 20 of 64 Posts