Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 Mach 1 that is stock other than the usual bolt ons. I want to kow how much I can get out of my motor before I throw some boost at it. are stroker kits feasible. I do plan on turbochatging the car someday. I justwant to squeeze as much out of it as I can before. I do so.

2 chamber Flows/ off road H-pipe
C&L CAI
Accufab Throttle Body
FRPP 4.10
Maximum Motorsports Road & Track Box
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
Steeda Tri- Ax
Diablo Sport Predator

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I haven't been able to get much feedback about cams the nearest performance shop has never swapped cams in a 4 valve, so I guess I need a new shop, but how much can I expect from this? I am I wasting time in pursuing more N/A power?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
change out the chokemasters for some flow through mufflers

I have seen 400rwhp on a n/a mach1, check out the mach1registry. Also look into suspension, there is a guy here in town with a mach1. He has alot of suspension work, slicks, and exhaust mods. He is low 12's consistently. pretty good for around 300rwhp!

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
change out the chokemasters for some flow through mufflers

I have seen 400rwhp on a n/a mach1, check out the mach1registry. Also look into suspension, there is a guy here in town with a mach1. He has alot of suspension work, slicks, and exhaust mods. He is low 12's consistently. pretty good for around 300rwhp!

I am just building a cruiser. I don't plan on doing very much drag racing, not saying that I am not going to make a few passes. I plan on doing a few road races eventually. The car needs to be good all around. besides I already have just $2000 invested in my suspension already.

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
i have a bone stock 04 torch red mach that i picked up 3 weeks ago with only 7000 original miles it wus a repo car and it jus sat at this used car place 4 ever that no 1 knew about long story short i got the car 4 17800 it wus a steal the guy didnt know wut he had and now im doin my 1st stuff 2 it im ordering my wheels tires and also caster camber plates and eibach pro kit come monday and i wus also thinkin about slp loudmouth II wit o/r magnaflow tru-x x pipe does any1 have those and wut do u think ??

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
i also have heard a mach 1 wit crower stage 3 cams and OMG ITS LIKE ORGASIM ON WHEELS MAN ITS SOUNDS SO SICK. idk wut he wus puttin down but he could annialate those 315's on the back no problem through almost 4 gears it wus sick

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a bone stock 04 torch red mach that i picked up 3 weeks ago with only 7000 original miles it wus a repo car and it jus sat at this used car place 4 ever that no 1 knew about long story short i got the car 4 17800 it wus a steal the guy didnt know wut he had and now im doin my 1st stuff 2 it im ordering my wheels tires and also caster camber plates and eibach pro kit come monday and i wus also thinkin about slp loudmouth II wit o/r magnaflow tru-x x pipe does any1 have those and wut do u think ??
Nice steal! I bought my '04 azure blue 5spd. with 4700 mi for $19,500. I run Flows but I like the sound of pypes violators, or borlas on the 4 valve. My buddy has an '03 cobra with the LM2's and they're loud, but I think that the Borla and the pypes have a better sound. That is purely my opinion though.

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
yea my buddie has a 04 2 valve gt and he had pypes o/r x pipe wit the lm1's and he took them of because they were way 2 loud but i loved the sound of his car but he wus saying that he didnt want 2 get pulled over and checked 4 no cats because its a 1500 dollar find were we live but im doin it smart when i get my x pipe im welding cat covers in lol sneaky sneaky lol 2 of my other buddies did it with theres and they go through inspection stations like nuttin with out them noticing lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
For boosting your car,and you want cams check out the GT Supercar cams.
Alot of 4V guys are starting to run these. Go over to SVTPerformance and ask them how they like them. I am getting ready to order a set for my self,and at 200.00 + shipping for all four...well thats hard to beat..IMO

·
Registered
1,143 Posts

I had one on my mach1 (off road x) I lost some low end torque but gained it back big time in the mid to high range.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For boosting your car,and you want cams check out the GT Supercar cams.
Alot of 4V guys are starting to run these. Go over to SVTPerformance and ask them how they like them. I am getting ready to order a set for my self,and at 200.00 + shipping for all four...well thats hard to beat..IMO

$200.00 for all 4 cams or $200.00 a piece? What is the website I googled gt supercar cams and got nothing. I'll buy them right now for that price.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
I'm guessing 200 per. If you're getting all 4 cams for 200 that is a steal.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
got my black mach 1 with 36K on the clock for 17K, after a aftermarket warranty and some b.s. it was like 185 almost 19K

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
The thing that you need to remember is not to expect alot of N/A power if you are building for boost, they require two different approaches to the build. Boosted motors need different cams than N/A motors, they need lower compression than a N/A motor does, they also need different head work if you are going to get the heads P&P'd. I am shooting for 450rwhp with my N/A mach. Thats with a high compression build. So if you are gonna build your motor for boost then your power output without the boost will not be what you think.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here is the PM Steve sent me back, and im sorry its 400 and some change. This is still way cheap and they are OEM ford parts....This guy knows his ****
Good luck:D

They are $418.00 plus shipping and I do have them in stock.

Just call me at 1-800-328-9552 and ask for Steve to order.

We are Tousley Ford parts depot selling all OEM Ford and Ford Racing parts 10% over dealer cost.

PLEASE, use the PM function or call me at 1-800-328-9552 ask for Steve or Mike M.

We will only be able to quote prices during business hours so please be patient, We will get back to you as soon as possible.

My daily driver...2002 SVT Focus silver, Stage 2 ported throttle body, Custom CAI, HID's, Borla catback, Ford Racing UDP, Multimatic/Dynamic suspension, Diablo tuning via Mike at Unique tuning 153.27 hp-140.56 lb.ft.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The thing that you need to remember is not to expect alot of N/A power if you are building for boost, they require two different approaches to the build. Boosted motors need different cams than N/A motors, they need lower compression than a N/A motor does, they also need different head work if you are going to get the heads P&P'd. I am shooting for 450rwhp with my N/A mach. Thats with a high compression build. So if you are gonna build your motor for boost then your power output without the boost will not be what you think.
Manny @ HPP built and dynoed his motor just N/A before he put is twin setup on and it made 370 rwhp and with the twins is over 1xxx rwhp. The only things he needs to change are pistons and cams. The heads will be fine. The 4V heads stock love boost!!! The compression should be between 8.5-9.0 :1

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Manny @ HPP built and dynoed his motor just N/A before he put is twin setup on and it made 370 rwhp and with the twins is over 1xxx rwhp. The only things he needs to change are pistons and cams. The heads will be fine. The 4V heads stock love boost!!! The compression should be between 8.5-9.0 :1

That is what I am saying. A bolt on mach with cams hits that on the stock bottom end. And although the stock heads "love" boost, a P&P'd head loves it more. All I am saying is when it comes to building your car, don't expect high N/A HP numbers from a motor that is built for boost. As for the gt cams. They are nice, but they aren't gonna give you a huge gain. They also aren't a profile that gives you that rouhg idle, so if thats what you want, then the gt cams are not the way to go. But I myself wouldn't bother with a set of gt cams if you are gonna do cams and you want the best power you can get, then definatly look into a set of custom grind cams.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That is what I am saying. A bolt on mach with cams hits that on the stock bottom end. And although the stock heads "love" boost, a P&P'd head loves it more. All I am saying is when it comes to building your car, don't expect high N/A HP numbers from a motor that is built for boost. As for the gt cams. They are nice, but they aren't gonna give you a huge gain. They also aren't a profile that gives you that rouhg idle, so if thats what you want, then the gt cams are not the way to go. But I myself wouldn't bother with a set of gt cams if you are gonna do cams and you want the best power you can get, then definatly look into a set of custom grind cams.
Well we agree on everything except the cams. The GT cams are good for the turbo 4v's or at least the 03-04 cobras. There are several guys making well over 900rwhp with these cams and no p&p...:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here you go. This has a built motor, STOCK HEADS and STOCK CAMS!!! No P&P which is a WASTE of time and big dollars on the 4V boosted cars. And a stock '01 cobra intake. 76mm Hellion kit.
Enjoy the Vid.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts