Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, so the most I've ever done to clean my car was a nice hand wash and clay-bar and instant wax. I'm going to start going more in-depth. That stuff did well to shine up my car and make it look clean, but obviously I could be doing a much better job.

If you guys could give me some advice on the best products to use TOGETHER for under $100 then I would appreciate it. These need to combine for under $100 because I'm freaking poor :lol

Also, It'll all be done by hand, obviously... I don't have a polisher or whatever.

Go easy on me, and thanks for the help! Links to items suggested would be appreciated :)

Also, this stuff is for exterior only. Reps to good help! :)

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not much at all. Simple car wash items and some Meguiars clay kit and instant wax. Some MF cloths/towels. Other than that nothing to speak of.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody? I am thinking about placing an order today. Christmas presents for my baby :)

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Zymol! Carbon!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
well im fairly new to this, but you can get some cheap and good products from CG. i use jetseal109, petes53 wax and one of their glazes, some interior/tire shine. and your pretty set. all this with your claybar and soap should get good results. thats been my expierence anway

also use GOLD and get 5% off.

Reactions: RunninOn6

·
Potato
1,159 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

+ allclean+ and read email box

ill have to say most of this is good. if you wanna keep it strictly exterior, you can cut out the buckets and buy them for 2-3 bucks at lowes. thats will save you about $50 but you will need to order wash mitts and grit guards. when you say MF what are we talking any how many?

do you want to order it all or you wanting OTC, there is a lot of ways to take this so just trying to get info to help you.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Get some zymol if you decide you enjoy detailing. Zymol is stuff most people can agree on but it's a bit pricey.

Reactions: RunninOn6

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
heres my list. compared to others on this section i have little product usage dont take my advice like im a professional.

Car wash i like this car wash in comparison to OTC items suds up a lot better and they hold well. they dont disappear in 5 mins like most OTC's ive used.

tire cleaner i have used this and its pretty amazing a lot of people seem to recommend it also. this can be had OTC might save you a little shipping.

grit guard its debated if they are gimmick or not. i personally like them.

Buckets you want to have two buckets which im sure you know. this is the one i have, i like it. its expensive can get 2 buckets from lowes they are cheaper but these come with wash mitt and grit guard and soap that i like.

wax im not going to even compare this to other waxes ive used. this is a good entry level wax i feel, seems to be well recommended as a starter.

i got about half way thru this and started to brain fart so look at this tread i started a lil while ago and its pretty much what your asking for. my price range was a little higher but i was asking for more. an gl hope to see yah more.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
yea i got that wash too its awesome. good suds and smells amazing. my neighbors love when i wash my car with it.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, reps to all who I can give them to. Could I get some explanations about the purpose of some of these things.. Like the glaze etc..?

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also, does the XXX wax do well being applied by hand?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
my process is rinse, wash, rinse, claybar, glaze, seal, then wax. looks amazing when im done. alot of folks ask if its new. hellz naw its an 06 with almost 50k

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, so care to explain why the glaze and seal, what they do, and why in that order? :)

I'm totally new to in-depth detailing. I keep my car clean, but nothing crazy. Also, does any of this help with light scuffs and scratching?

Mine's an 04 with almost 70k.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
there is a little box at the bottom of that picture that says input email. they are running an offer of 2 free 16 oz bottles with a 150$ order. and he say to order Blacklight and v07 which if you do the order for detailing would be wash>clay> blacklight (sealant) > XXX (wax) > vo7

blacklight being a finish which is used after polish when paint correcting ( if i remember correctly) will help with some light scratches.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts