1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
How was the install?

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Just got mine in the mail. Can't wait to install it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
648 Posts
what do you have your rpm set at? and after I installed mine it seems as if I have no rev limiter even in my tuner I set it lower so that I could see if it was there or not and I dont have one :/

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
thats sick i am debating on the n2mb or just setting up the 2 step on the tuner

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
thats sick i am debating on the n2mb or just setting up the 2 step on the tuner
I thought they were two totally different types of rev limiters. The N2MB being a spark cut and a 2 step in the tune a fuel cut? Maybe I need to research more. I wonder if one causes more engine harmonics than the other. You have 6' of timing chain and maybe a big blower fighting the rev limiter.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I wouldn't use the tuner 2step as it is indeed a fuel cut, just doesn't seem right.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
for anyone interested in getting one n2mb still has them on sale for $159 for the holidays

WOT Box - N2MB Racing

·
Registered
869 Posts
I like the sound of the msd 2 step much better...I especially dont like the sound of the sct limiter...but I guess the wot box has more functionality than the rest...so.. good choice and enjoy!!

Maybe ill try to make a msd video tomorow..lol

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Yeah the tuner 2 step isnt the way to go. If I was ever considering getting one for myself I would just spend the extra $ on a real one.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Cool man, its definalty fun and nice to have at the track. Itll make your 60ft times much more consistant

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How was the install?
Wiring is always a bitch, seems like it will be quick but always takes forever if you want it to look good and be done right. I ended up just soldering all my connections, I wasnt haven any luck with wire taps.

03sonikblu said:
what do you have your rpm set at? and after I installed mine it seems as if I have no rev limiter even in my tuner I set it lower so that I could see if it was there or not and I dont have one :/
I currently have everything at default settings so 4K for the 2 Step, I did add the rev limiter to 6K but I havent tested it out yet.

jewster said:
sounds real good. did you climax on your bumper?
:naughty:

Thats what happens when n2O attacks, thats fire damage it broiled the paint right off the bumper. :D

stal94gt said:
I used the n2mb and loved it. The wot shift worked gret after aalot of dialing in. The 2 step hits hard so be ready for slicks
I cant wait to try it out, probably wont be until the spring :(

is the dialing more of the cut out time or was more the driver adjusting?

MATT02GT said:
Cool man, its definalty fun and nice to have at the track. Itll make your 60ft times much more consistant
yea thats what im shooting for hopefully ill be able to test it out in the spring time.

thanks everyone

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I used the n2mb and loved it. The wot shift worked gret after aalot of dialing in. The 2 step hits hard so be ready for slicks
what did you have it set at? last time at the track i tried it at 4, 4500, and 5000 and it seemed to lag off the line, but I think it might have been a combo of my stock clutch finally showing signs of wear and not launching high enough to counteract my 28" slicks.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Is the sct 2 step bad to use? I use it when I can, (street tires) but most the time a 3k RPM launch on street tires is not an option lol but hmm maybe I should look into this

1 - 20 of 83 Posts