Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
I thought 2 steps were for manual cars? So you mash the clutch and throttle and you launch consistently at the set RPM vs having to mitigate throttle control and RPM manually.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A 2 step cuts spark and reduces engine tq so you can hold the pedal wot. This works great for a turbo car (auto or manual)because the unburnt fuel ignites in the exhaust throwing a lot of heat at the turbo and helps with spool fool.

Trouble with spooling with an auto is tq overpowers breaking capability off the line and will push the rear tires forward, with a 2 step and the way it cuts tq you can hold the brealks better and with more rpm than normal. With more rpm comes more exhaust volume and volume is what spools a turbo.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
A 2 step cuts spark and reduces engine tq so you can hold the pedal wot. This works great for a turbo car (auto or manual)because the unburnt fuel ignites in the exhaust throwing a lot of heat at the turbo and helps with spool fool.

Trouble with spooling with an auto is tq overpowers breaking capability off the line and will push the rear tires forward, with a 2 step and the way it cuts tq you can hold the brealks better and with more rpm than normal. With more rpm comes more exhaust volume and volume is what spools a turbo.
Where can I get one

03cristian

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
With this can I turn it off and on?
And could I choose the spark range?
Don't mean to thread jack op

03cristian

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Actually n2mb is having a sell for $159, $40 off original price through the holidays. Great buy if your looking to 2 step your car. If I had a manual trans the wot box would have been on much sooner due to the no lift shift.
thanks for the info

im picking one up

its actually cheaper to ship it to me in canada then to the US

thats never happened to me before

if i shipped to my US address I pay $12 in sales tax or $9.99 for shipping with no tax right to me

:rockon

·
Registered
487 Posts
With this can I turn it off and on?
And could I choose the spark range?
Don't mean to thread jack op

03cristian
ive personally never used one so idk if you can turn it off and on, but im sure you can. you do choose the rpm that you want it to hold and it reduces the spark.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
ive personally never used one so idk if you can turn it off and on, but im sure you can. you do choose the rpm that you want it to hold and it reduces the spark.
pretty sure you dont really need to turn it off since the 2 step will only cut spark at the set rpm when the clutch is depressed and the car isnt moving

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Usage

To use the WOT Shift feature, keep your foot fully on the gas and shift quickly using the clutch. Keep the gas fully depressed through the shift. The WOT Box will detect the clutch switch signal and briefly cut the ignition and fuel to enable an effortless shift.

To use the 2-Step feature, fully depress the clutch. Next, fully depress the gas. The engine will rev up and hold the RPM that you have set. The 2-step will not engage if you are not at wide open throttle, so you must fully press down the gas pedal. If you ease into it, it will not engage. This is to prevent the 2-step from engaging during normal driving. Release the clutch while leaving the gas fully depressed to launch the car.
Programming

The WOT Box version 2.1 and up comes preset for an automatic WOT Shift kill time. This means that the WOT Box will automatically adjust the kill time to your shift time, up to a maximum of 350 ms. If you would like manual control over the WOT Shift kill time, start the car and hold down the button on the module and wait for the LED to begin to blink. Using the chart below, find the number of blinks that corresponds to the kill time that you want to set. Setting 0 blinks will disable the WOT Shift feature and setting 1 blink will set the automatic kill time mode. When you have reached the number of blinks that match your desired setting, simply let go of the button. To confirm, the WOT Box will blink back out the setting you entered.

The WOT Box comes preset for a 2-step RPM of 4000. To set the 2-Step RPM, repeat the same procedure described above, but keep the clutch down during the entire operation. This will signify to the WOT Box that you want to set the 2-step RPM and not the WOT Shift kill time. Use the second chart provided below to match up the desired RPM with the number of blinks. Setting 0 blinks will disable the 2-Step feature.

·
Registered
487 Posts
pretty sure you dont really need to turn it off since the 2 step will only cut spark at the set rpm when the clutch is depressed and the car isnt moving
will be different with an auto though. i think it uses the brake pedal instead of the clutch. i know you have to fully press the gas to make it come on, but if he didnt want it to come on all the time when he tries to get on it, i would think there is a way to turn it off.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
This sounds so confusing

03cristian

·
Registered
487 Posts
if you have a manual, press in clutch, floor the gas pedal, rpm goes to set amount, release clutch, you take off.

with auto, i think you use the brake pedal instead of the clutch or you can use a button/switch. dont hold me to that though.

·
Registered
487 Posts
email jon at n2mb and ask him. thats what i did a while back when i was interested in one. im not sure if its hot or ground. shiner may know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts