Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Another slow GT
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:thumb:ISSUE RESOLVED: Buddy had the 2-step programmed for his SRT 4 so I got the right set-up after getting the cable to plug the box into my laptop and update it so now the two step works perfectly. Thanks for all the help guys! Here's the first vid of the box in action.

Much more consistent RPM for launching than the SCT and it's a lot more fun to play around with. Hopefully it will compliment a boosted set-up as well. Maybe with some bigger injectors it'll shoot flames...

ORIG POST:Installed my wot box today and followed through with all of the trouble-shooting and set-up instructions. I get all the feedback from the box when pressing the gas and clutch and the no-lift feature also seems to work as when I depress the clutch after stomping the gas, I get ignition cut.

Here's the problem, I get nothing from the 2-step. I have triple checked my connection from the yellow wire on the wot box to the dark blue wire at pin #21 on the PCM connector. This is the wire the instructions say to splice into. I was wondering if anyone could verify that this wire is the crankshaft position sensor positive or not and if you got the 2-step to work. This car is a 2000 GT and it seems like people have less luck and there are less people trying out the wot box on these older new edges. Thanks for any help.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
I have an 02 so I can't say weather or not it works on older stangs but I can't imagine why it wouldn't but when I tapped into ecu I not only looked for the wire but I counted the pins/wires. Another thing is make sure you have a good connection, I soldered my connections.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
I have an 02 so I can't say weather or not it works on older stangs but I can't imagine why it wouldn't but when I tapped into ecu I not only looked for the wire but I counted the pins/wires. Another thing is make sure you have a good connection, I soldered my connections.
This, I would try soldering,did you splice?

Reactions: marxummers

·
Another slow GT
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I counted pins as well and am completely sure that the correct wire (as far as the instructions go) is tapped. I did not solder connections. However, I just pulled this out of my buddy's car, spliced and crimped all of his existing wiring back together with no issues. I also have every function of the wot box except the two-step so I believe my connections are fine.

When trouble-shooting, I pulled the PCM again and tried re-wiring the specific yellow wire. When I went to start, I had nothing because the crank-position sensor wire had come undone. I pulled it again, re-spliced and crimped it and replaced and the car runs again. The wires should be making a solid connection. I may go out to solder it, but I doubt the issue will be fixed.

Does anyone know if the older PCM is incapable of the 2-step function possibly?

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Did you tap pin #21? Dark blue wire at the PCM. It's the crankshaft position sensor positive wire, correct? That's the exact one I tapped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts