Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would a fully rebuild 4.2L be worth the cost to build is it was to be kept NA. and maybe some nitrous? what kinda of power would 11:1 compression see? is 300 rwhp possible?

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
that seems kinda high compression wise... and naturally aspirated ... that might be a small stretch... will take some great tuning and ****

·
Registered
165 Posts
......................and maybe some nitrous?

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Using a higher compression is a proven way to bild HP, bt you have to be careful with your combustion chambers in order to control your flame front.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
do it right you could hit 300
take out a nice loan

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
... but your kinda missing the point... a little, with higher compression you need higher octane fuel... i believe the highest compression you will want to run is 10.5:1 and that has to be on 93 octane fuel or else youll start having problems and knocking and **** 11:1 you will need to find a place that sell 104 or something 93 wont be enough, unless you build it just right

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
... but your kinda missing the point... a little, with higher compression you need higher octane fuel... i believe the highest compression you will want to run is 10.5:1 and that has to be on 93 octane fuel or else youll start having problems and knocking and **** 11:1 you will need to find a place that sell 104 or something 93 wont be enough, unless you build it just right
I see what you're trying to say, but I'm saying that you may not know al the facts.

Fact: I just got out of car. It has a full tank of 93 octane fuel from Sunoco. It is running great. It has 11.6:1 compression.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
you have a 4.6, an over head camm'd engine, I know that is possible... but i would advise against it 10.5:1 >11:1 for him ... IMO

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
I see what you're trying to say, but I'm saying that you may not know al the facts.

Fact: I just got out of car. It has a full tank of 93 octane fuel from Sunoco. It is running great. It has 11.6:1 compression.
acmillr

omz is right dude.
unfortunetly 10:5:1 is about the highest to go safely on the pump:(
for us

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
acmillr

omz is right dude.
for us
its okay acm :hug

bah just playin... engines are different, your 4.6 and my 3.8 react differently to high compression... you wouldn't know that mine can't handle it, i wouldn't know that yours can...

its all good,

but suriusly

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
acmillr

omz is right dude.
for us
Send a pair of old head cores and I can show you how to manage the flame front. You probably can't manage 11:1 on a stock combustion chamber, but there are ways to engineer the problem out.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
Send a pair of old head cores and I can show you how to manage the flame front. You probably can't manage 11:1 on a stock combustion chamber, but there are ways to engineer the problem out.
oh see now your cheating :(

;)

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
its okay acm :hug

bah just playin... engines are different, your 4.6 and my 3.8 react differently to high compression... you wouldn't know that mine can't handle it, i wouldn't know that yours can...

its all good,

but suriusly
The 4.6's can't handle without a worked chamber........

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
you can talk with super six motor sports
they've done a n/a nitours car
and they're doing another
both are 10:5:1
trust me thats the safest on pump for us

1 - 20 of 46 Posts