Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Tucson, AZ and have not found a restoration shop that I can bring a rolling frame to and have them blast, rust repair, and paint. I feel like I am going to need to take my 73 to a blaster (does primer too), then to shop for body work, then back to get painted. The blasting shop is an industrial complex that does auto, commericial parts, industrial apps, primer and coatings, as well as paint. I have some questions:

Do basically remove everything but the wheels (and what is attached to them)? Is there a way to take it down to just the frame/unibody and transport it to get blasted?

Does leaving on the wheels, leaf springs, shocks, etc... have any negative impact?

Should I get the frame painted after the body repair?

Any other advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mustang One is the man to talk to, search and PM him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in Tucson, AZ and have not found a restoration shop that I can bring a rolling frame to and have them blast, rust repair, and paint. I feel like I am going to need to take my 73 to a blaster (does primer too), then to shop for body work, then back to get painted. The blasting shop is an industrial complex that does auto, commericial parts, industrial apps, primer and coatings, as well as paint. I have some questions:

Do basically remove everything but the wheels (and what is attached to them)? Is there a way to take it down to just the frame/unibody and transport it to get blasted?

Does leaving on the wheels, leaf springs, shocks, etc... have any negative impact?

Should I get the frame painted after the body repair?

Any other advice?

Thanks
We put ours on a boat trailer, when we got to the shop it went from tailer to rotis right away. The body is light, we roll it around on a cart like you see in grocery stores for moving boxes.

·
Registered
129 Posts
How'd you get it from the trailer to the cart?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts