Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about putting together a project car.....i found a notch shell with an 8.8 rear and 5 lug conversion no engine or tranny......i was thinking about putting a 4v lincoln aviator motor in it with a t3650 or t5 tranny.....can someone help me out and tell me whether this would be a good idea (need help with install and would wanna see if its worth the work)....thanks guys

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
me and my brother were just talking about it....i found an aviator motor for 1500.....an promotion tranny will be around 1600......i'll need a custom driveshaft, a clutch, a custom exhaust, motor mounts..........also i'll wanna beef up the rear with some 31 spline axels and differential.......can anyone tell me if theres n e thing else i'll need for it?

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
does that motor come complete with the wiring harness? thats one thing you'll need. and then you'll need a gauge cluster that compatible with the feeds. theres a kid that just did this actually, took a 4.6L and put it into his notch, very impressive work for a 16 year old.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
motor should have the wiring harness it comes complete as far as i kno.....as far as the gauge cluster i could find a junked aviator or buy some aftermarkets.....didnt even think of the gauges....thanks for the help broseph

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
You can go 5.4 as well. You ca find those for a fair price

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
talked to my buddy tonight and he has a 460 laying around that we might turn into a fuel injected motor.......we'll see how it goes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts