Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got up this morning and was happy to see no snow/rain forcast so I went to start up the stang and *tick tick tick...* nothing.. lights still come on, but the starter won't even turn.. I'm guessing the battery is dying.. it's been parked for a week or so, and it' been below 40 (the car's in the garage)..

Considering it's an 01, I"m the 3rd owner I won't be surpised if the batt is dead, I'll put a mutlimeter on it when I get home, just wondering if anyone has any new battery brand recommendations?

·
Registered
430 Posts
The other night as i was leaving a friends house i started the car and the thing didnt crank at all. Turned the key all the way and nothing, no lights on no nothing. I had a big WTF face on, popped the hood and noticed the positive terminal came completely off the battery, how, i don't know. Put it back on and she started right up. Scared the hell out of me for a second.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We'll just checked it, it's connected, only putting out 10V.. so sounds like it's time for a new one..

I'm guess the cold helped bring it down, but if it's dropping like that it's time for a new one..

·
Registered
978 Posts
optima yellow top if you have a sound system. i have one love it
optima red top if nothing too drastic in your car.
i love these batteries and SWEAR by them. cant beat them man, kinda pricey but you pay for what you get in my opinion when it comes to batteries.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i have had my optima yellow top in mine for 3 years, left it running without cranking for hours, i mean hours.....with the stereo running and never had a problem with mine. you cant beat that thing with a stick!!

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah don't need the optima yellow.. looked at them and not worth the price, I have mach sound system now, I'll be putting in a Clarion unit just to get bluetooth and mp3 connection.. won't mess with the rest.. some neon but that's it..

Found the NTB by the house has 1 Interstate MEGA-TRON battery for mine, had him put it aside for me, picking it up today.. $99... ughh..gonna see if they'll drop the price, interstates suggested sale price is like $93

Also I found this if anyone is interested..

http://best.lovetoknow.com/Best_Car_Battery

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I picked up the Interstate today.. and apparetnly NTB repackages all their batteries, so I was expecting this big green montster.. instead I get their standard genric case with "Distributed by Interstate".. oh well I guess I could paint it green :).. at least it's a good batttery...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
nice choice :)

Ill be buying one for me here soon Im sure. My stang still has the stock one in it I think. :idk

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'd pick a Duralast over any of those batteries anyday cause of the badass warranty.

I can pick up a battery right now for $85 with a 3 year free replacement and a 8 year pro0rate period. >_> Who can beat that?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
i got a motorcraft. the bad thing about batterys like the optima is if they go completly dead, they wont hold a charge again.
False the optima yellow top is the one that can be completely discharged and then recharged.. I just purchased this battery and its great.. I had one in my old truck when i had my 2 15's and i recharged it a few times after draining it a few times..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.