Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock clutch is on its last leg... I need to replace it sometime soon and some people are tellin me SPEC is good, some are saying Ram. Ive done research on both but some insight would be greatly appreaciated

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
same with me man. My clutch is going. I always smell clutch when I get out of my car... Im going with the Fidenza 2.1. Ive heard they last forever, and driveability on them are really good. Only thing is ive heard it chatters for the first 300-400 miles then the chatter goes away, must be a result in the break in.

If you go Spec, Id go stage 2. Ive heard stage 1 sucks and always chatters. But that could just depend on how you break it in.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I've heard bad things about spec 1. I've also heard spec 2+ is ok.

I bought a RAM and had it installed. Relatively quiet. Very light pedal. (I actually wish it was much harder to press in). Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the RAM. Just make sure whatever you go with, is going to work with the plans you have for the car(future mods).

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I had a spec stg 2 in my car when i first got it and it chattered like crazy. I just installed a fidanza 2.1 and am still in the break in stage but i really like it allot so far.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i put in a fidenza 2.1 and im lovin it so far just make sure you dont forget to get the adjuster kit but i had a bad experience with the steeda clutch cable it ripped a couple weeks ago (lasted 4 month) bought a Maximum Motorsports cable and for some reason the clutch feels a lot better now....hopefully this one holds up a little longer

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I like my centerforce DF....rated for 650 ft/lbs and light as a feather...if my dumb ass woulda resurfaced/replaced the flywheel when I had it apart I would never have to take it back appart again....

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. i wanna get some bolt-ons for more HP like U/D pullys, TB+Plenum things like that but nuthin drastic, like turbo or boost just yet. So i just need a clutch that will grab good when im bangin gears and daily driving. I also plan on gettin a B&M short shifter, any opinions on that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Centerforce DF- I had my centerforce put in like 15000miles ago and I love it! Its definitly lighter than stock but can hold a lot...its a great clutch for the price

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
thanks guys. i wanna get some bolt-ons for more HP like U/D pullys, TB+Plenum things like that but nuthin drastic, like turbo or boost just yet. So i just need a clutch that will grab good when im bangin gears and daily driving. I also plan on gettin a B&M short shifter, any opinions on that?
MGW FTW!!!

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
My King Cobra clutch has been 100% trouble-free since install. It feels exactly like the stock clutch, too (probably because it's damn near the same).

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
stock termi ftw!!!! or king cobra?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Running a Fidanza 2.1 as well and absolutely love it.

+1 mgw is the best shifter out there too.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MGW?! Never heard of it... It is cheaper than B&M tho. The only reason i mention B&M is because i kno theyve been around for a long ass time but hey if you're sayin MGW is better ill def check it out :)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
MGW?! Never heard of it... It is cheaper than B&M tho. The only reason i mention B&M is because i kno theyve been around for a long ass time but hey if you're sayin MGW is better ill def check it out :)
Mustang Short Throw Shifter
Its not cheaper but its worth it IMO.. Ive had and driven with a few different shifters and the mgw is by far my favorite, its so smooth and the adjustability is awesome..

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
steeda tri ax!! with stop bolt ftw!!!

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ha im considering Steeda as well...
another thing, on a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it to install a aftermarket shifter?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
shifter is easy. i been around the mgw in a t56 car, i didnt care for it too much. my buddy absolutely hated it. i personally will stick to my triax.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts