Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I was driving a blew a spark plug. Half the plug fell into the cylindar and stripped the thread. Need to have it rebuilt or get a new one so I'm thinking about going with a new one.

It's a 99 GT and does anybody know of another motor that would go in there without having to remove the Firewall? Possibly a newer 4.6 from the 05-09 mustang?

Anything at this point would be so helpful information.

·
Poo tee weet?
2,646 Posts
SO I was driving a blew a spark plug. Half the plug fell into the cylindar and stripped the thread. Need to have it rebuilt or get a new one so I'm thinking about going with a new one.

It's a 99 GT and does anybody know of another motor that would go in there without having to remove the Firewall? Possibly a newer 4.6 from the 05-09 mustang?

Anything at this point would be so helpful information.
lol wut? I'd think about an explore longblock for the aluminum if I wanted to keep it simple.

19"s and 20"s? You got pics of this thing?

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
i am also interested in this. what engines are compatible with the current wiring harnesses? that is the main thing i dont want to mess with

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
A 4v, 3v, old 5.0, new 5.0, 5.4, ls motors will all fit with out modifying the firewall, Hell I've seen someone on here I think put a viper motor in, on YouTube saw a aston martin powered new edge.

As for the wiring harness, the 3v and 4v will be easyest, there is a write up for both I do believe in the stickys, and there is a guy on here currently putting a 3v in his 02 I believe

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
If this guy thinks he needs to cut out his firewall to remove the engine then please don't get him started on a 4v swap.

Just get a 2v 4.6 out of a 99 or later crown vic, grand marquis, F150 or whatever else came with one.

It's all the same engine, you just need to install your intake manifold on it.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
If this guy thinks he needs to cut out his firewall to remove the engine then please don't get him started on a 4v swap.

Just get a 2v 4.6 out of a 99 or later crown vic, grand marquis, F150 or whatever else came with one.

It's all the same engine, you just need to install your intake manifold on it.
This^^^^.

I'd like to ask a few questions of the OP though. What makes you think part of the plug is inside the head? You said you were driving and it blew the plug out...... which is quite common. If this is what happened it blew the ENTIRE plug out, you may have only found part of it but I assure you the entire plug left the head. Simply buy a Timesert repair kit and the head can be repaired on the car. No need for a new engine. If you're absolutely dead set on replacing an engine that doesn't need replacing, look for a 02-05 4.6 Explorer motor.... is uses an aluminum block and weighs about 90 lbs less but is otherwise the same as what's in your car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is what the car looks like

As for the engine, I solved the problem

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I take it that the Timesert fixed the issue?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just pulled out the credit card and ordered a new motor and a supercharger kit from AM. figured with a new motor might as well go all the way.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Wish I was closer. I'd like to have that "bad" engine.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I would have waited until tomorrow. Cyber Monday and all lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just pulled out the credit card and ordered a new motor and a supercharger kit from AM. figured with a new motor might as well go all the way.

Well hell, if you got it like that, why aren't you driving a Terminator???

Retail on a motor and SC?!?!? That's crazy. Did you even take the forum discount?

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I hope he did. 6% is a lot with that big of an order.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
What engine and blower did you go with?

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.