Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tjfrisbie
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my friend bought a 70mm BBK TB and a c&l upper intake plenum which is also 70mm if im not mistaken. So here is the question he also nought a power aid TB spacer which has a smaller opening than 70mm will this still help or will it decrease preformance by restricting air?

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
No it wont hurt nor help performance, The gain is not noticable from a TB/plenum unless you FI and pushing High boost.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
okay so will it hurt preformance?
I won't say it'll hurt but it damned sure won't help. You've stepped up to 70 mm TB and plenum, then you put a smaller spacer in it... say 65 mm..... you're back to square one. If the orifice is 65 mm it limits airflow to that 65 mm, you could bolt a 90 mm TB on it but it's still only going to flow the same amount of air as a 65 mm.

Not to mention spacers are effing worthless. You'll not see an increase in power.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I waffled back and forth between 70mm and 75mm TB before I installed my Accufab 75mm. I can tell you that the previous owner had a TB spacer on there that killed performance and when I swapped on the C&L plenum but kept the spacer on there with the stock TB it ran a little worse then before. Once I installed the 75mm TB on the c&l with no spacer it definitely woke the engine up. So I can say the spacer is not of any benefit and if i had to put money on it I would say it actually hurts performance. But YMMV.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
How big is the opening on the spacer is it only 65mm?
If he bought a 70 MM TB and the spacer is smaller.... stock is 65MM..... logic would dictate that it's probably 65.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts