Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all,
I have been looking around and studying the different cams that are out there for the good ol' 302. There are lots of them out there as I am sure most of you know, but I cannot figure out which one I want to invest in. I do drive this car daily so don't want anything too extreme but really want to get the most out of my motor.
What I am wondering is if you aren't planning any other major mods [basically a stock 94-95 HO 5.0] and you went for a cam what is the best one for max performance?
What is the max lift for the stock E7's, and what is the max on GT40*?
What is optimal for duration for a street driven car?
Are the Ford Racing Cams the best to go with?
What is in your opinion the best brand?

Thanks for your time and feedback in advance.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,420 Posts
The stock cam is pretty good and it can be left as the very last internal engine mod to do (unless you rebuild into a stroker). A set of 1.7 roller rockers increase valve lift from 0.444" to 0.472" and increase the 0.050" lift duration by ~3 degrees, making the stock cam behave like a slightly bigger one.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i got a cam and a decent amount of work and drive it daily..i kinda like the sound the stock cam gives and its nicer to drive alot with and its not bad on performance..not as good as the other cams of course but you might want to think of somthing else to purchase instead

1 - 5 of 5 Posts