Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
so i have no clue what i am doing. I want my car to be clean, methods and supplys that you guys use. my paint is in pretty good shape i just want to have a shinny car this summer:baller:
If ya give us some more info we will be able to help ya out better

What color is it?
What's your budget?
Interior and Exterior?
You have access to a hose

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
A good method is to send your car to one of us.

We'll handle it from there....

You will have a very shiney car..

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
If you plan on spending a few hundred get a membership to detailersclub.com. I bought the 50 dollare membership then put in a 100 dollar order and had already saved the 50 dollars on products.

Chemical Guys soaps and Duragloss 901/902 are good soaps.
XXX is a good cheap wax from Chemical Guys
Buy some Meguiars or Mothers Clay from Advanced or Oreilly's
If you aren't going to correct with a polisher I'd buy some glaze. People seem to like Blacklight and Poorboys blackhole

Buy some good microfibers like:
Plush Microfiber Towel 16" x 16", 10-pk. - Microfiber Products

Chemical Guys MIC_333_6G - El Gordo Professional Extra Thick Supra Microfiber Towels, Green 16.5" x 16.5" (6 Pack)

Buy 2 buckets from Lowe's for like 2 bucks each and buy 2 grit guards (1 for each bucket). Look up the 2 wash bucket method

That will allow you to not scratch up your paint when you wash your car. Also look up proper drying so you don't swirl/scratch it doing that either.

Buy a nice quick detailer like CG Speed Wipe or Ultima Waterless Wash + also there are plenty others (don't just limit yourself to either of these, these are just the two I have bought and liked).

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A good method is to send your car to one of us.

We'll handle it from there....

You will have a very shiney car..
id pay one of you a fair price to do it for me, i am more into the mechanical aspect of the car, i took a class for body work but it was too repetitive for me as is wax on wax off lol

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you plan on spending a few hundred get a membership to detailersclub.com. I bought the 50 dollare membership then put in a 100 dollar order and had already saved the 50 dollars on products.

Chemical Guys soaps and Duragloss 901/902 are good soaps.
XXX is a good cheap wax from Chemical Guys
Buy some Meguiars or Mothers Clay from Advanced or Oreilly's
If you aren't going to correct with a polisher I'd buy some glaze. People seem to like Blacklight and Poorboys blackhole

Buy some good microfibers like:
Plush Microfiber Towel 16" x 16", 10-pk. - Microfiber Products

Chemical Guys MIC_333_6G - El Gordo Professional Extra Thick Supra Microfiber Towels, Green 16.5" x 16.5" (6 Pack)

Buy 2 buckets from Lowe's for like 2 bucks each and buy 2 grit guards (1 for each bucket). Look up the 2 wash bucket method

That will allow you to not scratch up your paint when you wash your car. Also look up proper drying so you don't swirl/scratch it doing that either.

Buy a nice quick detailer like CG Speed Wipe or Ultima Waterless Wash + also there are plenty others (don't just limit yourself to either of these, these are just the two I have bought and liked).
reps given

·
Registered
832 Posts
^ :( I want to join you guys...

I recommend you buying claybars off of detailersclub because they are huge and a lot cheaper in the long run if i remember correctly.

Seriously thinking about getting that nanoskin scrub thing after seeing Phil from DetailersDomain work on the RX7

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I recommend you buying claybars off of detailersclub because they are huge and a lot cheaper in the long run if i remember correctly.

Seriously thinking about getting that nanoskin scrub thing after seeing Phil from DetailersDomain work on the RX7
ill have to take a look and hell yea cruz shesh

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts

I wanna try the clay bloc from CG thing looks awesome but the nanoskin autoscrub thing is cool too. Claying is kinda tedious.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I will tell you right now, a few hundred will NOT get you a greatly detailed car.

However, to set you on the right path I would focus on some store bought products. They won't give you the best shine, but its the best with your budget.

Like it was said before get 2 buckets and use on for rinse one of soap. Look up the 2 Bucket Method.

Get some meguiars Gold Class or the new yellow colored soap, a Mother's Clay Kit, some Meg's Instant Interior Detail Spray, Mothers or Meguiars Quick Detail Spray, and the Gold Class wax.

You will need to order some MFs, as most store bought MFs will not be good enough.

Look through the stickies and there are videos on how to use the products.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
I will tell you right now, a few hundred will NOT get you a greatly detailed car.

However, to set you on the right path I would focus on some store bought products. They won't give you the best shine, but its the best with your budget.

Like it was said before get 2 buckets and use on for rinse one of soap. Look up the 2 Bucket Method.

Get some meguiars Gold Class or the new yellow colored soap, a Mother's Clay Kit, some Meg's Instant Interior Detail Spray, Mothers or Meguiars Quick Detail Spray, and the Gold Class wax.

You will need to order some MFs, as most store bought MFs will not be good enough.

Look through the stickies and there are videos on how to use the products.
Truth. Don't go nuts buying all this stuff up. Get some over the counter products and just get your toes wet. If you enjoy it enough, then move up in quality products. If you get obsessed with it, I pitty you because there is no going back from there.

I also recommend megs or mothers clay bar

Zymol car wash
Gold Class
Zymol Detailer

Mix and match products and master the over the counter products. I would hate to see you blow money on this stuff and hate it.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
CG's soaps are cheaper with their dilution rates than Megs gold class soaps. . . You just can't buy them in stores.

Everything I posted above can be had for 120~ dollars and will out last and out perform OTC stuff IMO.

Add 25 dollars for clay from an autoparts and 2 buckets from lowes and you have everything I listed above and you have twice the quality of product.

These products won't correct your paint but the glaze will hide imperfections and the rest of the products will make it shine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts