Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm somewhat new to modifying my cars and decided I'd do something with the exhaust. I was looking around and the Flowmaster 40s and 44s both caught my eye. Not sure if it's just because of the Flowmaster reputation or cost.

What would be a good setup to run with Flowmaster exhaust? If not Flowmaster, what brand/setup would you use? I'm not looking to spend a grand as there's other things on my car that need work, but at the same time I'd like it to sound nice.

Thanks
- Hill

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
stay away from flows, they are cheap for a reason. if you want a full cat back and want the chambered sound, i recommend the mac cat back. as for the mid pipe, its personal preference.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
my personal vote, if you insist on the chambered sound, will have to go to spintech super pro streets. slp loudmouth volume, chambered tone.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm somewhat new to modifying my cars and decided I'd do something with the exhaust. I was looking around and the Flowmaster 40s and 44s both caught my eye. Not sure if it's just because of the Flowmaster reputation or cost.

What would be a good setup to run with Flowmaster exhaust? If not Flowmaster, what brand/setup would you use? I'm not looking to spend a grand as there's other things on my car that need work, but at the same time I'd like it to sound nice.

Thanks
- Hill
Hey Hill,
The best way to pick and exhaust system is to pick it for the sound you want. Cost is always important, especially these days, but if you are unhappy with the sound of your car, it will bug you every time you turn the key. Performance is another key element to picking an exhaust. We dyno test every kit, and if it causes a loss in power, we won't sell it.

There are 2 Cat Back systems with Super 44 mufflers for your 95 GT. The 17112 (with aluminized tips) and 17212 (with stainless tips). The 17112 is listed as aggressive and the 17212 is listed as moderate sound. They should both be listed as aggressive.

PN:17112

PN:17212

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm rolling in a 96 GT, not 95 lol =)

The sound doesn't bother me at all. Just want it to be slightly more aggressive. Price range would vary in all honesty depending on the reputation of the item/brand.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's been said, it's alot of personal preference. I've got Pypes O/R X-pipe and Violator catback on the car now, and personally love the way it sounds. (neighbors don't really care for it when I roll in late at night. haha)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I had the 40 series on my old 96 gt. was a little louder than stock and just enough tone to be noticable when starting up or flooring.

do you want a loud muffler or quiet? smooth or raspy? youtube it man it's all preference

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm in the same situation with my Cobra....so many different brands out there!! Like the guys above said, use Youtube to check out all the different combos together and pick the one you like best. I think in the last week I've looked at over a hundred videos.....so many that I hear exhaust in my sleep!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts