Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys, i could use some help. i sold my focus pump so i can go with a new setup for more power. what would be the cheapest and most effictive way to go?

cobra hat with dual (GT?) pumps?
i would likely need to run a BAP and a modified FPDM if not 2 FPDM's. this is going to get expensive i know it...

or would it be a better idea to convert over to a return setup?

those of you running over 500rwhp, what fuel systems are you running?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
dual stock cobra's will support right at 500 if i remember right. anything over stock cobra pumps will require modified or dual fpdm's. you can run a BAP on the stockers to get more out of the stock fuel system if you would like. i personally running a cobra hat, dual gt pump, dual fpdm's, and upgraded the wiring all the way to the pumps.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dual stock cobra's will support right at 500 if i remember right. anything over stock cobra pumps will require modified or dual fpdm's. you can run a BAP on the stockers to get more out of the stock fuel system if you would like. i personally running a cobra hat, dual gt pump, dual fpdm's, and upgraded the wiring all the way to the pumps.
thats what i hear about the cobra pumps, i think i should be right on the edge of maxxing those out with my setup right now, and i don't want to **** with it once my new stuff is in. it looks like you can get the GT pumps for about 120 each, cobra hat used for around 100, and i'm not sure how much the FPDM's are.. where did you get yours?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i found mine used off ebay, it came with the harness as well. if 500rwhp is where you are sitting, i would just go with a stock cobra set up and a BAP.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wouldn't i need a modified fpdm with the cobra setup and BAP though?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
not that i know of. i have toaked to a few that are still running the stock fpdm. if you get the cobra hat, do a pprv delete while you there to buy about 3% duty cycle as well. you could do a wiring upgrade as well, i believe that will give 1% too.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
To run dual pumps yes you would need a modified fpdm.

And im right around 500 and my fuel is good. Stage 2 fpdm, BAP, pprv delete, GT pump, and 42lb injectors. I would like bigger injectors... but i don't think ill upgrade till i get more power. Which, i don't think will happen soon until i get heads.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
no fpdm needed to run a dual cobra set up. the stock cobra pumps can be ran off stock fpdm, the cobra's are running the same fpdm as the gt's. the stock fpdm can run any single pump as well.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Ahhh thats true, upgraded fpdm is only needed with dual pumps beyond the cobra ones. I would just think he would get another GT pump if he already has one and run dual GT's.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To run dual pumps yes you would need a modified fpdm.

And im right around 500 and my fuel is good. Stage 2 fpdm, BAP, pprv delete, GT pump, and 42lb injectors. I would like bigger injectors... but i don't think ill upgrade till i get more power. Which, i don't think will happen soon until i get heads.
hey ryan, do you have any idea of what your duty cycle on the injectors is at WOT? i have 42's too and i'm concerned i might need to upgrade those while i'm at it. i'm gonna get as much power as i can out of this P1SC, it might only be 500 but i want to upgrade to a bigger blower this winter.. D1 or F1

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhh thats true, upgraded fpdm is only needed with dual pumps beyond the cobra ones. I would just think he would get another GT pump if he already has one and run dual GT's.
i mean GT Supercar pumps, not Mustang GT pumps..

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
im running the dual cobra pumps and 20amp BAP in my car. I got the pumps, sending unit, and hat (entire setup ready to drop in) for 250 brand new. I should have the 40amp BAP but had the 20 amp from my previous GT pump.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
modified fpdm is only needed for dual Supercar pumps! Not dual cobra pumps. Im running dual cobra pumps right now on stock fpdm.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
even with a boostapump you haven't gone into thermal shutdown? i heard you're on borrowed time if you are using a BAP and a GT pump or dual pumps before you go lean from the fpdm cutting fuel. i think i'll say **** it and do GT pumps with a modified FPDM.. might as well do it right the first time right? lol

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
everything is fine with what im running. Yeah you might as well just go modified fpdm and dual gt pumps. Might wanna get that cobra tank too.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
even with a boostapump you haven't gone into thermal shutdown? i heard you're on borrowed time if you are using a BAP and a GT pump or dual pumps before you go lean from the fpdm cutting fuel. i think i'll say **** it and do GT pumps with a modified FPDM.. might as well do it right the first time right? lol
he is still on stock cobra pumps. if the pumps change, then a fpdm change will be required. the stock cobra pumps and BAP will carry a lot of power.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
yeah bro... they will go over 500 with ease man!

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
i mean GT Supercar pumps, not Mustang GT pumps..
Yeah thats what i meant, the supercar pumps. Who actually uses the mustang gt fuel pump these days :p

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
he is still on stock cobra pumps. if the pumps change, then a fpdm change will be required. the stock cobra pumps and BAP will carry a lot of power.
ok i gotcha.. so what do you think would be a better combo? dual cobra pumps with BAP or dual GT pumps with modified FPDM? roughly how much does a BAP cost compared to a modded FPDM?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts