Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a guy that is willing to trade my car straight up for his 337 stroker 95 gt. its a pretty nice car, needs a few little things to make it more to my liking, but its got a nice motor in it and is pretty fast. its white with 5% tint, 96 tailights, cobra hood, smoke headlights, gunmetal bullitt wheels, racing seats with 5 point harnesses, 3.73s with 31 spline axles, blah blah blah. its either that or take out a 8k loan to build the 4v motor for my car brand new and fix a few things on my car. what do you guys think??

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
depends on your taste, if you like the mod motors go with the 4v, but if you like the older pushrods, go that way. is it cleaner or as clean as your car? if so id personally take the 337, it sounds pretty sweet. also whats the mileage and condition of the engine, like was it raced or anything?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
+1 i would go over the other car real well.
Imo its a bit cheaper and less hassle to build a pushrod motor than the mod engines, but then again the guy may want you trade u straight up cause his is a p.o.s

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Taking out a loan to mod a car is not something I would consider a sound investment.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
i've heard of a 331 and a 347, but i've never heard of a 337.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a 331 bored .040 over. and i just found out today that he has nitrous on the car and he was tellin me it has been raced at the strip. i just dont know cause he bought the car from another guy and it had that motor in it. i just dont know enough about where its been

·
Registered
444 Posts
have you drove it? got on it pretty well to see if it has any problems through the rpms?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no i havent got to see it yet but i just dont know bout it. plus it doesnt look as good as my car does and i went through so much to get this car back i just dont know if its worth it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the owner of custom performance told me he could get me a brand new termi long block with everything except an intake, ignition, and headers for 5500. then i would have about another 1500 in the intake, ignition, headers and such and then labor to put it in the car so it would probly come out to about 8000 bucks.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Taking out a loan to mod a car is not something I would consider a sound investment.

Owning a mustang isn't really a financial investment. Everybody knows you never get your money back out of it.

It's more of a Passion, and Oprah always says to follow your passion!!

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I would at least see the car and take it out for a drive before you make up your mind. A straight up trade for a faster car is better than an 8k loan payment any day of the week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
keep what you have, one thing ive learned is that if you sell something that you have the slightest emotional attachment to, your going to regret it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
keep what you have, one thing ive learned is that if you sell something that you have the slightest emotional attachment to, your going to regret it.
yeah i agree with this ^. i love my mustang but i miss my old jeep that i built from the ground up and want to get another.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
I love my mustang to death.... but if i got offered a 03' cobra for her shed be gone in a heartbeat =P

Take the faster car.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I love my mustang to death.... but if i got offered a 03' cobra for her shed be gone in a heartbeat =P

Take the faster car.
+1..hell when i see an 03/04 i kick mine to the curb! prob why it doesnt like me anymore and is running like total poop!!!!:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts