Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Since I purchased my vehicle, there are a few things that I am tackling right off the bat. The first big thing is the brakes. My rears are in pretty good condition, but the fronts are slightly glazed, and there is a little bit of rust on the rotor hub. The major reason I am replacing is the pulsation in the pedal and steering wheel during braking.

Soooooo, since I always seem to replace things with better aftermarket stuff (Why do people buy stock???), I need some help choosing a setup. I don't know if I want to go all out like a Wilwood kit, but I want something more then upgraded pads, and powerslot rotors. I have been eyeballing this kit off of American Muscle:

It's a Ford Racing 10th Anniversary Cobra Brake Upgrade Kit. I'm thinking about getting this kit, but without the rotors, and ordering some Brembo X-Drilled/Slotted (Front and Rear). Opinions anyone? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with this upgrade, or knows of a better one. Not sure if I should go this route or with like a Wilwood setup. I do plan on tracking the car a little bit.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
that kit will work fine with your car.

a Cobra set up is good to go.
and yes.. they go up to 6 piston caliper kits.. lol

no need for that

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I'm gonna see if they will sell that kit with different rotors... I don't think I need 6-POT Calipers yet!!! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts