Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about purchasing cams and im trying to find the best possible choice for a daily driver. What kind of gains should i expect? What kind of cams do the majority of you have and what are your opinions on brands and stages?

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
i've heard good things about frpp hot rods... lookin into them myself. maybe someday after the next deployment...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are the noise levels on the FRPP?

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Im thinking about purchasing cams and im trying to find the best possible choice for a daily driver. What kind of gains should i expect? What kind of cams do the majority of you have and what are your opinions on brands and stages?
No one answered huh.

I have sold a lot of cams. FRPP Hot rods and Comps nsr, vsr, spr, thumprs, all stages except the stage I SPR cams.

Most people don't really complain about what they have. NSR guys might say they wish they had more lope. Thumpr guys complain a little about low end power losses but they love the idle so much they dont care.

25 to 45hp gains.

Just think in terms of application.

Any questions give me a call if you like.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Cam is short for camshaft. :eek:

You say it's a daily driver and I guess the question is, do you want cams for real gains or for ''old school'' sound and a modest power increase? If you want them for sound go FRPP Hot Rod. If you want real gains call JPC Racing at 1-866-JPC-RACE. They offer all of the Comp cams and some real nice custom JPC grinds manufactured by Comp for JPC.

One thing to consider is cams that will give you the most power increase will also make daily driving a bit more of a chore or maybe I should say more finicky. Any cam will make your daily drive different for sure. I'd call JPC and discuss your intentions.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
thanks, but i already phoned JPC and got the answer to my question :eek:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Here you go! :blowme

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I have more experience with different camshafts on this car then the people who have cluttered up your thread. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer. I have raced the car naturally aspirated with 3 different grinds and ported heads. I daily drive the car ETC. spr stage II cams are not going to make the car finicky, and they show the most power gains on these cars of any cam. Just to point out one peice of misinformation. Not to mention, lets get to the chase, ill beat any price you can get on comp cams.

what are the power gain differences for thumpr's / hot rod's / stage 2 nsr's

and how long does it take to install cam's?
PM sent.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts