Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as soon as my friend buys my dirtbike, i'm buying my whole rims/tires/suspension setup.

so here it goes....

AFS Cobra wheels: 18x9 front, 18x10.5 in back
vredistein tires
H&R super sports
(2) tokico high performance struts
(2) tokico high performance shocks
J&M Rear Lower Control Arms

then either camber bolts, and a bumpsteer kit
or camber caster plates and a bumpsteer kit

as far as the camber and bumpsteer stuff goes, do i really NEED camber caster plates. or can i get away with just bolts. and a bumpsteer kit?

i am on a budget..

i'm also gonna get her aligned by a shop.

lemme know what you think!!!

AFS Wheels

H&R Super Sport Springs (96-04 GT/V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

J&M Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms (99-04)

Steeda Bumpsteer Kit (94-04)

Tokico Hi Performance front strut 94-04 - each - StangSuspension.com

Tokico Hi Performance rear shock 94-04 - each - StangSuspension.com

Camber Adjustment Bolt Kit for 79-04 Mustangs - StangSuspension.com

Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates (94-04)

thanks!

Update: dirtbike sold, deposited cash! waiting for transaction...order parts!!!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I would get upper and lowers at the same time along with the springs and shocks. Then worry about the front, unless you can manage to do it all at once. The wheels look nice. Not a fan of Cobras, but not because there not nice.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
same wheel and tire package i got, except 17's, good choice, and same suspension setup im getting ready to order, i would get the plates not just bolts, never heard of the bolts just doing the job.

·
Registered
600 Posts
honestly if you have the money to burn get the uppers and lowers, but if not just get some poly bushings for the lowers and get adjustable uppers so you can set the pinion angle

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
vredistein tires wut tires are those, Ive never heard of them and Ive done a fair amount of tire research. Id say go wit nittos 555 or the 555rs if u want drs. Great tire for the price!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
theyre a european company that makes high performance tires...etc. they seem legit. plus if i went with nittos or anything else other than what comes with the package i'm getting, i would be spending way over my budget.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
the vredesteins are a good tire, they been on mine for 10k now and no problems, its a Z rated 186mph + tire, popular in europe and I believe are used on some supercars over there, made in holland, there $245 a piece for 275/40/17 on there website, the tire you chose and the one I have the tread looks cool when its on.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright, lol. maybe i should just get the upr 4 bolt CC plates. tokico shocks and struts, springs, bumpsteer kit.

and should i get the upr upper and lower control arms package. even if they are not adjustable? or should i get just the upper adjustable ones.

and can only afford either the non adjustable package (upper & lower).

or just the adjustable uppers.

what to do!!!!!???!?!???!??!?

thanks a lot for your help!

·
Registered
600 Posts
get adjustable uppers and poly bushings for the lowers....and granatelli is good **** i've seen both used in the same car, i dont know about their other **** but their control arms are very good, as good as upr

1 - 20 of 20 Posts