Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking CAI+tune, pulleys, cmcvd plates, headers, mid-pipe, sts, 1 piece alum. drive shaft, SPR CAMS (for thos of you killing me on the other thread), throttle body, clutch and flywheel, gears, UCAs, LCAs, panhard bar, and nitrous to top it off. The thing is i was looking for some direction in which manufacturer to go with for each part... mostly which CAI, headers, midpipe, clutch and flywheel, what gearing i should use, and nitrous. I am planning to do this and get as much as i can out of the motor for the time being, until i can get enough money to swap the spray with a blower... Then til the motor gets rebuilt. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i want to push as much power (safely) on the stock motor, but i want to get it there by mostly motor then the spray will just be to put me to the limit, and its gonna be my daily driver but i want a street/strip car.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I know you are on a college budget, like myself...with that, here is what I recommend:

-Mac Longtubes
-Prochamber midpipe
-MGW or Pro 5.0 sts
-Powerhouse, Spydershaft or Coast alum d/s
-for CAI, I would go with the C&L racer
-throttle body = waste of money
-UDP's, go steeda
-gears FRPP 4:10s

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
How much you willing to spend?

CAI (JLT or CnL), Steeds UDP's, for CMDP you can get steeda race billet plates ($300) or economy plates ($100) from buysaleen.com, for exhaust its all personal experience and how much you want to spend on that, for suspension pieces lots of people go with BMR products, gears alot of people like 4.10s which I have and really woke the care up. Your cams choice is really good. Don't forget upgraded valve springs, retainers and phaser mod. The throttle body isn't very useful until you get in the 500hp range but if you want to squeeze everything out the motor then get a GT500 TB or the new FRPP 3v TB. Clutch and flywheel is personal opinion and how much you want to spend

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what if i wasnt soo fond of the 4.10s considering the drive from lubbock to houston...

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Then get gears that you think you'd like. I'll tell you that I've driven twice from Oklahoma City way down south tx and I've gotten 300-330 miles with a full tank of gas depending where the next gas station is at, mods in sig, trunk and back seat full of luggage with the cruise set at 75mph. its not all that bad

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
So u want what I have + nitrous. that's gonna put u around 340hp n/a. Don't waste your money. If u wanna a blower just start with it and don't waste your money on bolt ons.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
after hearing that the 4.10s dont sound soo bad. besudes i guess i can always wait til we drive to vegas and check em out in your car ****.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what does everyone else think about me going with just a blower first rather than bolt-ons+cam+nitrous? i was just thinking that doing all the bolt ons and susp first would give the blower a good platform to start with.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
what does everyone else think about me going with just a blower first rather than bolt-ons+cam+nitrous? i was just thinking that doing all the bolt ons and susp first would give the blower a good platform to start with.
which blower are you looking at? If you have all the money to spend now on the blower, do it. If you havent started saving, go with a good platform like I did. Full exhaust, cams, suspension

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I was thinking CAI+tune, pulleys, cmcvd plates, headers, mid-pipe, sts, 1 piece alum. drive shaft, SPR CAMS (for thos of you killing me on the other thread), throttle body, clutch and flywheel, gears, UCAs, LCAs, panhard bar, and nitrous to top it off. The thing is i was looking for some direction in which manufacturer to go with for each part... mostly which CAI, headers, midpipe, clutch and flywheel, what gearing i should use, and nitrous. I am planning to do this and get as much as i can out of the motor for the time being, until i can get enough money to swap the spray with a blower... Then til the motor gets rebuilt. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
If you decide to upgrade the suspension please give BMR consideration. We have everything that you would need to upgrade the suspension for whatever type of driving or racing that you might do. Here is a link to our site. If you have any questions please give me a call.

BMR Fabrication Inc.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
it would put you ahead of all the guys that just slap on a blower and call it a day.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts

I like this route before the blower. And you will be faster this way then if you just got a blower.

Steeda CAI
Steeda Pulleys
Steeda Plates
Kooks Headers/midpipe. Trust me.
No TB
Stock Flywheel
Clutch i'll stay out of
NY TREX triple threat nitrous or zex
BMR on the suspension parts

·
Registered
744 Posts
I know you are on a college budget, like myself...with that, here is what I recommend:

-Mac Longtubes
-Prochamber midpipe
-MGW or Pro 5.0 sts
-Powerhouse, Spydershaft or Coast alum d/s
-for CAI, I would go with the C&L racer
-throttle body = waste of money
-UDP's, go steeda
-gears FRPP 4:10s
why throttle body waste of money???!!

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
why throttle body waste of money???!!
He heard it online. ;)

I would do one but only the FRPP TB. I picked up 7 with a BBK but the idle would hang. If this dude is on a budget then a TB would be off my list. Put that money and the flywheel money towards better parts in other areas like quality exhuast, cnc plates and a dyno tune.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
plus i like the idea of having multiple power options once having the boltons and cams, then spraying if need be. besides who doesnt love the cammed sound?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts