Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help with a recommendation for exhaust, im having some trouble with trying to figure out which exhaust to go with, first the setup i have is a basic, 347 buildup with AFR heads 185's. I had a pair of BBK shorties that were great to take on and off and did pretty well but didnt have as much flow as a long tube, so i bought a real cheap pair of long tubes from summit, after installing they dont fit right and also leak, so my question is, should i buy a pair of Mac long tubes? will they fit right and not block my power steering, or just go back to a shorty? i have no idea, i definatly would like a good sounding system, oh i have a Mac pro chamber laying around i think its a 3". any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have BBK long tubes and I love them... they arent too expensive and the install wasnt too bad. Long tubes are definately worth the extra little bit of hassle

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
bbk is the way to go.....make sure you order them with the right collector for you pro chamber

·
Registered
70 Posts
Jdowell,

Everyone has a favorite when it comes to headers. BBK has a good product as do most well-known names. This is a real "get what you pay for" area in my opinion.

Although some people will say never buy MAC, they have worked for me. Since 2002 I have run MAC long-tubes that I had powder coated. They still look new and have never warped, leaked or backed off the bolts. Again, in my opinion, they give you a sound that can't be duplicated by short tubes.

Whatever you buy, get lots of opinions from people who have actually used the product. Then "you pays your money and takes your chances".

Good luck,
Jim

·
Registered
698 Posts
I used a set of Summit long tubes initially and didn't have any issues (I have a manual trans.) I upgraded to a set of 1 3/4 Hooker Super comps and to be honest, I'm less than impressed. They were coated from the factory and have never seen weather but the coating is flaking and they are starting to rust not to mention they were $500. I'm going the custom route this time with KooK's and having them coated by a local shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i guess what you get for what you spend is true, becuase i spent about 80.00 from Summit and had no trouble installing the left side, but the right side was all screwed up, meaning the tubes were way out. Anyway i didnt know that i could match up a BBK LT header to a Mac Pro chamber? Its the 3" collector. I would like to know if anywone knows if this will work

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
bbk is the way to go.....make sure you order them with the right collector for you pro chamber
Only mac headers will work with mac midpipes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts