Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 GT and added some GT500 axle backs and deleted the resonators... Sounds okay but still not satisfied. I bought a mac pro chamber (not offroad) as I have had them on my last 2 sangs and I love the deep throaty sound.

However with those set ups, they were both catless and had flowmasters AND they were dumped in front of the axle. They sounded great but TOO loud.

Here is my dilemma, getting the pro chamber installed today but worried that it will add some deep tone but quite the mufflers down at the same time.

Any thoughts on installing the prochamber but not connecting it back to the mufflers? Keep in mind I a leaving the cats on.

Sound good or sound like garbage? If that wont work am I just stuck having to get new muffs? Please help as I am getting this done today. Thanks!

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Just remember these cars are a lot louder outside than inside.

I would have everything hooked up, if you want louder mufflers there are plenty of options.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
Yeah I say leave everything connected. If the GT500s aren't loud enough for you when its all said and done, sell them and buy a Roush axleback.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Answered your post in the other thread, just be careful with the Macs. I'm not sure they've fixed their fitment issue they've had since day one on our cars. Not trying to scare you away from them or anything like that, but don't be surprised when you get them. I'd leave it connected too till it at least gets a few miles on it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I will leave everything connected for now. I have talked t someone that has some pypes pype bombs for sale fo $100-$150. What do you think about them?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds a touch raspy plus it is an off road pipe so it is hard to tell since I want to keep my cats on... Thanks for posting the vid.

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts
I can vouch for having an of road x, no resonators, and pype bombs. They are damn loud and ad weird trumpeting issues at 2500-4000 rpms. I ended up making my own pro chamber style setup to quiet it down with a Dynaflo Ultraflo Xpipe muffler. I wanted a Mac but it took forever to produce, wasn't 3 inch and fit like crap...

Just a thought

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts
Andddd now she has electric cut outs so I can be an asshole when needed. Actually lost 8hp with them open on the dyno though. But moved the power curve up a tad.

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts
Sounds a touch raspy plus it is an off road pipe so it is hard to tell since I want to keep my cats on... Thanks for posting the vid.
With the cats on the pipe bombs sound like sex though. Very deep and throaty with minimal rasp and popping. Loved it but needed the cats gone for more power. Got many compliments with that setup and the new one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the info. Oh and those electric cut outs look sick! So at the flip of a switch you can open em up???

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts
Thank you for the info. Oh and those electric cut outs look sick! So at the flip of a switch you can open em up???
Not to hijack but Kona, your setup sounds sick. You have a ghost cam tune? or an actual cam?
That's the ghost cam from bama... currently running the AED one. AED is a little less aggressive of a lope but is more daily driver friendly. And yes I have the switch in my console lol. Flip it open and annoy everyone in site, backfire and pops like a mofo on decel and echoes off everything around you lol. But the main part is it sounds so nasty loping around a parking lot lol. I will post a video when I get back from offshore. But they are more than just for sound because I'm gathering parts and we are about to start fabbing our own in house twin turbo setup.

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts
Oh ya I forgot I had this video. Can't really hear the lope but the first pull is cutouts open, second is through the exhaust. This was in Baytown, Texas at Royal Purple Raceway for Import Faceoff so I was definitely out of my element Haha. This is also the week before I lowered her. The camera doesn't do justice on how loud it is when they are open. Definitely had people start to gather around for a "stock" mustang Haha.

Done thread jacking... I apologize lol

·
Registered
603 Posts
That cam tune sounds fuc*ing awesome on your exhaust setup man!
I'm completely blown away!
The only thing that I dont like about your exhaust, its not easy to remove at all :(
No way to disconnect the "hpipe" from the catback :/

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts
Yeah we will be installing flanges when I cut things apart to do the turbo setup and clutch soon. No need to have it apart now so I haven't welded any flanges. I HATE the stock ford style flanges which is why I got rid of them.

·
8,830 Posts
Oh ya I forgot I had this video. Can't really hear the lope but the first pull is cutouts open, second is through the exhaust. This was in Baytown, Texas at Royal Purple Raceway for Import Faceoff so I was definitely out of my element Haha. This is also the week before I lowered her. The camera doesn't do justice on how loud it is when they are open. Definitely had people start to gather around for a "stock" mustang Haha.

Dynoing the 5.0 at Import Faceoff - YouTube

Done thread jacking... I apologize lol
Do you live in Houston? RPR is the track I go to! :rockon

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts

·
8,830 Posts
Orange Texas.... I frequent RPR and Evadale
That's on out there a ways. Shoot me a message next time you're planning on going to RPR though and I'll drive out to Baytown. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts