Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, got some fogs. I don't have the bolts or ANY of the mounting hardware... Can someone tell me all I need so I can run to the part store and get the correct stuff. I have already been to the part store and they couldn't tell me **** about the fog light assembly. All I have is the fogs and brackets. It was a V6 bumper but I cut out the little vent looking things. I don't want to go to a dealership. I know a part store more and likely has the part... Anyone?

Cliffs:
Need bolts/nuts to mount fogs.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
Do you have the mounting brackets in the bumper or no?
IIRC the bolts are 7mm or 10mm.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have the mounting brackets in the bumper or no?
IIRC the bolts are 7mm or 10mm.
There is a bracket for the bumper too?!? I just have the bracket that is holding the fog light...

What is IIRC?

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
There should be a bracket in the bumper already, with two holes for bolts. Get a flashlight in there and look. It should be pretty obvious.
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
three screws is all you need to mount fogs...about 1-1 1/2 inches long should do it...thats what i used on my v6. even without ever trying to mount lights before i installed mine in a couple minutes...you'll want a good long handled screwdriver for the top screws

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is nothing to mount the screws to on the car... I need to get some body retaining clips. They clip onto a surface and you can then thread a screw through them without the screw touching the body. The bottom one actually already has one so I'm thinking my mindset is correct in what I'm about to buy. The only issue is now, I have no freaking idea where the other male side is... The shifter bezel has the button, but the car has a V6 bumper so there is no telling where the wiring is... Anything I could look for to find the wiring (as in looking back to where the wiring starts)??????????????????

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Remove the bumper to avoid hand cramps. It's not so hard to remove it
It's easier like that. When I got my Termi bumper I wired up everything first
So I won't have to go down there anymore.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remove the bumper to avoid hand cramps. It's not so hard to remove it
It's easier like that. When I got my Termi bumper I wired up everything first
So I won't have to go down there anymore.
I have no idea where the wires are to begin with...

·
Registered
402 Posts
So even if I have these already placed mount holes inside my bumper can I still use these body retaining clips to place my foglights in the holes correctly... like am I able to put the clips where I want them so I can place my foglights where I want? And where do i get those?

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
my v6 had the space to mount em. they are in there just hiding lol. and as far as wiring just do your own without a relay n just use the stock switch or one from the parts store its not very hard i did mine myself.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
All GT/V6 bumpers are Fog Light ready
Once you have brackets and go under the car you will see how the bracket
Falls into place.
What I did with my Cobra bezels when I got my Termi bumper is
Take one with me to Home Depot and find the screws that fit it.
In your case it would be the GT fog light brackets.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So even if I have these already placed mount holes inside my bumper can I still use these body retaining clips to place my foglights in the holes correctly... like am I able to put the clips where I want them so I can place my foglights where I want? And where do i get those?
Any auto part store man... And no, you can't mount them where you want. You will probably have to take the bumper off completely because the foam support gets in the way of you putting in the retaining clips. Those clips just side onto the body and you thread a screw through the clip. Easy as pie with the bumper completely off.

Ok, I found out what all I am missing. I am missing the part that actually connects to the bulb. I have the wires that clip into the connector but the male end is no where to be found... I went to Auto Zone, O'Reillys, and Napa and couldn't find it... Found several connectors that are VERY close but still won't work. There is either the little slit or the clip bump that get in the way. Either the slit is the opposite way or the bump is going the wrong direction. Good news though, one fog does work!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Any auto part store man... And no, you can't mount them where you want. You will probably have to take the bumper off completely because the foam support gets in the way of you putting in the retaining clips. Those clips just side onto the body and you thread a screw through the clip. Easy as pie with the bumper completely off.

Ok, I found out what all I am missing. I am missing the part that actually connects to the bulb. I have the wires that clip into the connector but the male end is no where to be found... I went to Auto Zone, O'Reillys, and Napa and couldn't find it... Found several connectors that are VERY close but still won't work. There is either the little slit or the clip bump that get in the way. Either the slit is the opposite way or the bump is going the wrong direction. Good news though, one fog does work!
Where did you find the wires. Are they tucked somewhere because I can't find them. My fogs are installed and do me no good because I don't have them connected

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes I know it will be way easier taking my bumper off... just havent done it yet since Im still trying to find a solution. What is the point in getting these extra clips if I cant put them where I want?

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I know it will be way easier taking my bumper off... just havent done it yet since Im still trying to find a solution. What is the point in getting these extra clips if I cant put them where I want?
Why would you want to put them where you want to? They have fog holes for the lights! The point is so you don't thread into the fog or the bumper and its stronger. Metal is stronger than plastic and won't strip like it.

The wires were tucked in pretty far, almost by the radiator. They split off from the headlights I thick so follow that.

·
Registered
402 Posts
My foglight holes dont line up... this is why im looking for another way to put my foglights on without using duct tape!

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My foglight holes dont line up... this is why im looking for another way to put my foglights on without using duct tape!
How exactly does that happen? There should be a hole at the bottom of the bumper and 2 at the top of the fog light hole. Not to hard to understand right?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Not hard to understand at all... But they dont line up. If I were to put my foglights in using the already designated screw holes then only half my foglight will show through the fog hole opening. I hope I explained myself more clearly. So Im looking for anyway to fix this... or rig it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts