Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

cat removed with mid x pipe and magnaflow catback

i am facing a slight problem after i removed my cat converter, the issue is every time i push the clutch while stopping or down shifting the RPM goes under 5 for 2 seconds then goes to idle and some time this cause turn the engine off, this also happening when i rev the car while stopping.

do i need to tune my car with SCT tuner? is the tuner gonna solve my issue?

·
Registered
293 Posts
yes when you run an offroad pipe...aka...no cats, you need a tune

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
I have LT headers w/ O/R X pipe and haven't retuned mine and haven't had any issues... besides a couple exhaust leaks

·
Registered
482 Posts
yea i have shorties an o/r x and mufflers and i havent had to re tune for my x-pipe. yea i have a check engine because i dont have cats but it doesnt make it perform differntly. i have just a 93 octane firm shift tune. and mines a auto as well.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
why does everyone say you need a tune then when you run an offroad pipe or long tubes? just to turn off the light?

·
Registered
128 Posts
why does everyone say you need a tune then when you run an offroad pipe or long tubes? just to turn off the light?
you basically need to turn off the O2 sensors with the tuner so they don't toss a code when you're running catless

·
Registered
482 Posts
yea. and if you want to do that without having to go to a tuner dont buy the new predator tuners they dont have that option anymore.... idk about sct though..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts