Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I'm in the military and moving cross country to Arizona. I bought my stang last June and it came with a Kb supercharger with a 93 tune on it. Just found out that there is no 93 gas in Arizona. I was thinking of going the toluene route as that seems the safest bet. The Kb is running on 9 psi right now. Don't want pre detonation or knocking or whatever you want to call it.

Just want to know if toluene will in any way have a negative effect on the Kb. I will be mixing with 91 pump fuel which I heard in az is rat piss. Ill be using about a gallon or a bit more than that per tank.

All thoughts and opinions welcome. I'm not the most tech savvy guy around so please take it easy on me. Thanks for your time

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Best option, although pricey, is to put it on the rollers and get another custom tune for 91 octane. Be much less hassle than all that mixing every time you have to fill up, and a lot safer too. It only takes 1 time of leaning it out, and......boom!

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Do you know who tuned the car? If you find that out I'm sure you can contact the tuner and have them send you a tune with some timing pulled so you can run 91. Is it a chip or are you using a handheld tuner?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately I do not know who did the tune. I'm actually still in the middle of the drive as well. The toluene was just a temp fix for the time being untilni get the time to get a new tune. I researched the toluene for about 4 hours last night and it doesn't seem that bad a deal for a temporary fix.

The main thing I wanted tonknow was the effect on the Kb.

How much would a new 91 tune run on average? I have only ever dealt with handheld tuners

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found a shop close to phoenix that has a reputable credentials. They are going to throw it on the dyno and see how the 91 is treating my car and if any ore detonation is going on. Best case scenario I pay the 65 bucks for the test and the tune right now is fine. If not they will retune it to run 91

1 - 7 of 7 Posts