Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused i bought the Screamin Demon Coil (01-04 V6) from AM and made a appointment with my mechanic ,it says its a coil pack in the AM desription but when i got it home it says its a distrubuter ,i am assuming i should have 6 coil packs .Can any1 explain why it says Screamin Demon Coil Pack (01-04 V6) in the AM description if it is a distrubter

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Same idea. And honestly, I'd return that or sell it. Many many issues people have had with that SD. What others mods do you have? If needing a new dist. an OEM replacement will be fine.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Same difference like Goren said. If however you want to get term technical:

An ignition coil:

Works with a distributor to provide spark:

A coil pack is pretty much a distributor and ignition coil rolled into one. It works from signals from the car's computer(s):

The other type is Coil on Plug (aka - COP, COPs, C.O.P. etc.). You'll hear this term thrown around in the V8 section sometimes. It's a coil "pack" on each individual cylinder:

_

·
Registered
514 Posts
Same idea. And honestly, I'd return that or sell it. Many many issues people have had with that SD. What others mods do you have? If needing a new dist. an OEM replacement will be fine.
+1

Too many problems with that. OEM is always a good replacement. It's made to work with your vehicle.:)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Says the girl with aftermarket everything lol
Except that piece! Well let me put it this way...it was a learning experience..lol.

I was just agreeing now. I had it,didn't like it and put oem and voila! :p

Now I'm happy:yes

·
Registered
291 Posts
Except that piece! Well let me put it this way...it was a learning experience..lol.

I was just agreeing now. I had it,didn't like it and put oem and voila! :p

Now I'm happy:yes
Lol I'm not saying I disagree tis just funny :D Anyway I have My stock Coil Pack going on 161k so I'm still happy, I'd go back to OE if mine did go out on me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts