Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running focus svt fuel pump on a 03 v6 with returnless fuel system. I swapped upper intake manifolds about 6months ago and that caused my pump to max out. My tuner recomended that I run 8g wire from the engine bay fuse box to the fpdm. I wired 8g directlly to the fpdm 16g wire about 1" away from the fpdm. I got an updated tune 3weeks ago and took it for a datalog to find out my pump was maxing again. So I decided to do the wire upgrade the right way this time. I bought a 50a relay from nos. I ran 8g wire from the fuse box to the relay and coming off the relay I ran 8g wire to the inertia switch plug witch I replaced the 16g with solid 12g. Replaced the 16g going to the fpdm with 1" of solid 12g and ran 8g to12g that I put in the fpdm. Going to the fuel hat I ran 10g to the hat. I also replaced the fuel filter.
Heres the funny part with or with out the wire upgrade the pump maxes at 5300 rpm. I'm thinking the fpdm may be screwed up or the sensor on the rail needs to be replaced. I need help on what to do next.

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
Well you just blew my mind with all that! I would PM sweet2k. He is good with this stuff.

On the other note, my focus pump maxes at 6000rpms. I think its the focus pump. Before you go replacing all sorts of stuff, maybe look into getting the gt pumps or kb boost-a-pump or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts