Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Hoodrat
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend got me a BBK Strut Tower Brace for my 1999 Mustang GT. The instructions they sent me were pretty crappy and hard to understand. Could anyone walk me through the installation. I already removed my windshield wipers, broke the cowl removing it. I just don't understand where the firewall mount goes, and how everything is supposed to look before drilling. If anyone has any pictures or anything that would be appreciated too!
Thanks guys, it's been a long day! :dunce:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
It is a pain. I had to notch the plastic on the firewall.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The installation is easy use the included plate to mount to the firewall cut te plastic trimming so that it fits bolt it up drill some holes

·
Registered
766 Posts
What are you trying to see here is my bbk strut brace

You take off the platice firewall cover mount the mounting plate to the firewall then the strut to the plate get it into the correct position mark and drill holes

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

There's like a thin metal lip that comes off the firewall the plate bolts to that

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's weird because my bracket is shaped like this \__/

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

And thanks for all the help guys

·
Registered
766 Posts
okay I don't think I can dumb this down anymore than this.
excuse the crappy illustration

sorry for sizing. blow it up.

OKAY NOW BEFORE YOU GO DRILLING HOLES!
I cant stress this unless you want a crooked strut bar before you go drilling the mounting holes mock up the entire thing and get it perfectly aligned! mark your drill holes and then mount the mounting plate. once you got the mounting plate you might want to jack up the car if its lowered to install the hardware because theres not a lot of room to work under the wheel well when lowered. MAKE SURE the care is jacked up evenly!!! and install the bar to the mount and the strut towers tightening everything down evenly. drop her down go over the tightening one more time and boom your done enjoy

heres some added pictures

Don't forget to trip the plastic cover as you can see here to be able to get it flush!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts