Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i have a 02 GT. it has a diablo predator,3:73 gear,bbk off road x pipe with the eliminatore for o2 sensor,underdrive pully kit,75mm trottle body,K&N cold air,upper plenum intake,anyways,car has drove like a dream for 2-3 years,havnt touched anything,one day check engine light comes on. okay since i have diablo i can read the code ..k.... code says camsaft sensors is bad...i go to auto-zone by sensor and install simple1 bolt and 1 clip from wire ...done...then clear code with diablo, drive car around block check engine light comes back on and gives me same code.......motor sounds great, no uncommon noise car drives fine but check engine light wont go off and diablo still gives same code, since check engine light is on car is in limp mode ..unacceptable.....what do i do now, please help mustang owner for 7 years car only has 47000 miles and sounds and drives fine.:eek::mad:

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
maybe got a bad sensor. i have a dodge dakota that did the same thing. i replaced the sensor, and had to warranty it again a little bit later. it has been fine since.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i figured it out.....duuu.....you have to disconnect battery to reset memory of computer....sounds silly but it worked, put about 150 miles on it since...no check engine light since.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts