Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i was driving my stang just like any other day, i down shifted into second gear as i made a right hand turn and right as i was coming out of the turn my car stalls. As im still rolling a little bit around the corner i decide to start my car and it fires right up but then i press down the gas pedal to continue up the road and nothing. I even tried flooring the pedal and nothing so i pulled off to the side of the road and luckily i had my SCT tuner with me and it pulled a code P0190 and if i can remember right i said "fuel rail sensor pressure A (frp-a) crt" as i recall. she starts and will idle but any time you step on the gas it just about dies. so i had it towed to my house and i wanted to know if there is anything i can do to fix it before i have it towed on tuesday to the shop
thanks!

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
replace the sensor

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Its very common with our cars with boost and returnless fuel system.

What happens is sometimes we get fuel spikes. And what will happen is the fuel with get pushed up to where the fuel rail pressure sensor (FRPS) is and break the sensor.

Itll happen almost all the time if you hit the rev limiter. The FRPS is on the driver side fuel rail, 2 8mm bolts. You wont be able to look at it and notice its broken, but it definatley is.

You can get one from a Ford Dealer for probally like $90. Or you can get a used one that will work fine. Just look for car part outs and stuff like that.

Another thing to prevent that is called the Kenne Bell Disc. I think you can get it right on Kenne Bells site.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
check your fuel pressure, might have a pump going bad. I used to get that code when I did the pprv delete and had long crank times. The tune fixed it for me
^This. Do you have pprv delete? If so your tuner needs to make an adjustement in the tune. Mine didn't throw the code right away after the supercharger install and pprv delete. It started about two weeks later. Tuner didn't know I had a pprv delete so he just adjusted it in the tune. My car only died twice after a start up. Most of the time the code came on after starting it and then it ran fine with the check engine light on.

I've bounced off the limiter many times and have never had an issue with the FRPS.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Well it isin't leaking from the frps, but I think I'll replace both to be sure. Where does one buy a fuel pump for a 99-04 gt, and I'm afraid to ask but how hard is it going to be to install?
If you dont mine getting dirty changing the fuel pump isnt very hard....im sure someone else can chime in if they disagree but its pretty simple and straightforward imo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yea its pretty easy to replace the pump.... it took me in my driveway 30mins to drop okd take n put a new 03 cobra tank in. there is only 2 straps i believe 13mm n three or for lines to undo. and of course the fuel neck takes a min to get off but use silicone spray or type of lubricate to lube the fuel neck to slide it in the easiest

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
if you are just swapping pump, leave the filler neck in it, just undo the bolts at the fill cap and let the tank rest at an angle, more than enough room to get to the pump, just make sure that the car is low on gas when you do it, makes everything easier

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Bit of an old thread bud, but I'll put some info in too. My car did the same thing, same code, I had a bad wire connection on the pump, then it finally blew a fuse.

Sent from my N860 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
very nice...sell me the tank you just got...and pumps.. hehe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts